Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michaelskis

Architectural Plans for Historic Homes.

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering in anyone had suggestions as to where I can find architectural plans for historic homes? I have seen diagrams of the fronts of buildings and such, but nothing that includes floor plans or construction drawings.

Mainly I am looking for styles that were popular from 1880 to 1930.

I was wondering in anyone had suggestions as to where I can find architectural plans for historic homes? I have seen diagrams of the fronts of buildings and such, but nothing that includes floor plans or construction drawings.

Home plans of the 1920s

Are you looking for homes in Grand Rapids, or just in general? If you are looking for homes in Grand Rapids, the Grand Rapids Herald used to feature a home each week. The library would be able to tell you more but some of the best houses in Heritage Hill were featured when they were brand spankin' new.

Joe

Go to the archive section in the Ryerson Library and get the guys name who runs all the GR archives (I think at the old GR Museum site on Jefferson). I hear he can find anything, but I lost his number.

I recommend this book. Linky.

I have it in my library and I refer to it once in awhile for period design items. Price looks right too.