City Commission Races

ghostOFtheSuwanee

We've discussed the Texas cage matches of our county commissioners but what about the yahoos on the City Commission? Is there any chance that Dr. V or Brian will provide Miss Debbie with a reason to go get that post commission job doing government relations with the Peabody Coal Company?

The rest of the commissioners are shoe-in's it seems.

"sorry my son, but you're too late in asking....the Peabody coal train has hauled it away"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this thread is about political races, I thought I'd put this question here.

Today starts early voting.

Do you plan to vote early?

Or do you plan to just vote on the Primary voting day which is 9.5 at your regular voting place?

Also, how do you feel about early voting? Good idea? Bad idea? Indifferent?

ME:

I plan on just voting on 9.5 at my regular voting place. I guess early voting is fine if it helps more people to vote. It's also easier than absentee ballots if you are going to be out of town on the voting day. The negative(a tiny one) would be that it takes a little "excitement" out of voting day since all is not decided that day. Also I just wonder about cost. Does early voting add a significant cost to the state or counties above what they normally spend for elections?

I don't completely trust early voting just as I don't completely trust the electronic voting machines that the Republicans love. How easy is it to rig one of these things? And who knows without a doubt that the numbers these machines report are accurate without a paper trail??

That said...

Me: I'll be voting 9.5 also. Alot can happen between now and then with these races.

As far as Miss. Lightsey's seat, she'll keep it. And honestly, we need her on the commission, she keeps things interesting.

I don't completely trust early voting just as I don't completely trust the electronic voting machines that the Republicans love. How easy is it to rig one of these things? And who knows without a doubt that the numbers these machines report are accurate without a paper trail??

That said...

Me: I'll be voting 9.5 also. Alot can happen between now and then with these races.

As far as Miss. Lightsey's seat, she'll keep it. And honestly, we need her on the commission, she keeps things interesting.

I will also be voting on election day itself. I can walk to my voting location, so it would be easier for me. :)

I will also be voting on election day itself. I can walk to my voting location, so it would be easier for me. :)

I kind of make a bit of a ritual out of voting. Even though few employers, and fewer governments feel this way, for me, election day is a always a holliday and always a celebration. I take a morning walk, have a good breakfast, a cup of black coffee and look over the sample ballot one more time. I usually already know how I'm going to vote on half of the races, but am clueless about many. I go ahead and flip the Morgan dollar at home as it's kind of unseemly to use random numbers in a public place. I figure I've had plenty of time to make my decision and shouldn't hold things up at the voting booth.

I try to avoid the busy times because it's always nice to have time to chat with the poll workers.

I hope that when you go to the poll, you pick out at least one person working there, shake their hand and say thanks for making Democracy work. Those gals and guys are heros of mine.

I'm a total election night wonk and if I'm not in a meeting room in a hotel typing on a laptop and watching 5 different television sets, I'm in my home, typing on a laptop and watching 3 televisions.

I usually stop by the courthouse, sometimes the capital, and usually 3 or 4 parties before I end my day.

I like elections the same way that some of you folk like football. It's fascinating and very entertaining.

How about some local election legends? Does anyone remember Wilma, her son John, or the time the voting machine fell off the truck?

John Griffin

I had the privledge to meet Mr. Griffin today at my church and I'll tell you, I was impressed with how approachable he was and his stances on growth and development.

Look people.... I've said it once and I'll say it again, I want a City AND County commission that can work together to help us grow and develop. We need to be the type of community that is innovative, and export our innovative ideas and products around the world as Mr. Griffin has said on the Bandwagon Program. He is the man to help Tallahassee grow and develop as it should. Leon County has had Mr. Thaell in office for a long time and I believe he is part of the program that sees Tallahassee and Leon County as two seperate entities. They are one in the same, and things should look similar outside the city limits as they do within.

John Griffin is a builder, he grew up right here in Tallahassee, and more importantly he's pro-business, pro-smart growth.

He's got my vote.

John Griffin

I had the privledge to meet Mr. Griffin today at my church and I'll tell you, I was impressed with how approachable he was and his stances on growth and development.

Look people.... I've said it once and I'll say it again, I want a City AND County commission that can work together to help us grow and develop. We need to be the type of community that is innovative, and export our innovative ideas and products around the world as Mr. Griffin has said on the Bandwagon Program. He is the man to help Tallahassee grow and develop as it should. Leon County has had Mr. Thaell in office for a long time and I believe he is part of the program that sees Tallahassee and Leon County as two seperate entities. They are one in the same, and things should look similar outside the city limits as they do within.

John Griffin is a builder, he grew up right here in Tallahassee, and more importantly he's pro-business, pro-smart growth.

He's got my vote.

I'm so sorry to hear that, especially with your feminist agenda. Tisk.

Archived