Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

New Yankees Stadium

13 posts in this topic

wow that looks really good, does anybody know how many seats it holds

wow that looks really good, does anybody know how many seats it holds

Why do the Yankees need a new stadium? Aren't there lots of homeless people in NYC???

It's just a shame that they are tearing down the 3rd oldest Baseball Park/Stadium in the country to build the new one. :(

(Fenway and Wrigley are 1st and 2nd)

It's just a shame that they are tearing down the 3rd oldest Baseball Park/Stadium in the country to build the new one. :(

(Fenway and Wrigley are 1st and 2nd)

I call that part of the experience. :) You're not living in the stadium, you spend at most a few hours there. Renovations for maintenance and upkeep? Sure. Tearing it down so you can add more luxury boxes? :(

As much as I hate to admit this, baseball is a business above anything else. Unfortunately, luxury boxes are in demand to the extent that corporations won't have anything to do with a stadium that fails to meet its requirements for amenities. The sad fact is that the average fan does not really pay the freight in these new sporting palazzi. Luxury boxes do, and that's where you will see the future investment. As much as I would love to see the old stadium saved, I fear that the race for luxury boxes has spelled its doom in large script.

While history is nice, there is one point in time you do need to drastically fix things or move on to the future. Fenway for example, I love it ... it's got it's history and charm. It needs a total gutting renovation though. 95 years old, plenty of bad and uncomfortable seats, narrow walkways, etc...

Fenway has been going through extensive renovation in the off season for at least the last 5 years. Many big changes have taken place there while retaining the character of the old park. Fenway's age is part of the marketing now. Even if the Red Sox slip and become a crap team again, baseball fans will still make a pilgrimage to Boston to see a game in the oldest park in the country. The Red Sox owners finally realize that the park is something special, and more importantly to them, marketable.

the new yankee stadium looks exactly like the old one

the new yankee stadium looks exactly like the old one