Uptown Photo Tour

UrbanCharlotte

So it has been a while since my last one so today I decided to make a new one. Lots of stuff happening. ;)

Trademark Construction has really been flying. I believe theyre around the 20th floor.

Downtown8.jpg

Downtown8-1.jpg

Downtown8-2.jpg

Downtown8-3.jpg

Downtown8-4.jpg

New Belles BBQ/ Menage

Downtown8-5.jpg

Downtown8-6.jpg

Avenues onto the Residential portion

Downtown8-7.jpg

Downtown8-8.jpg

Downtown8-9.jpg

Downtown8-10.jpg

Walking down, Panthers Season is here :yahoo: , House on Tryon

Downtown8-11.jpg

Downtown8-12.jpg

Downtown8-13.jpg

Renaissance Place site for a 50story tower, Light Rail

Downtown8-14.jpg

Downtown8-15.jpg

Downtown8-16.jpg

Downtown8-17.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that last shot. How much of an impact will the Ave make in respect to that pic. Once the majority of these projects gets started I would like to know just how many cranes there are around the uptown area. I have read Miami has the early lead in terms of crane count but Charlotte should close the gap some... :D

I love that last shot. How much of an impact will the Ave make in respect to that pic. Once the majority of these projects gets started I would like to know just how many cranes there are around the uptown area. I have read Miami has the early lead in terms of crane count but Charlotte should close the gap some... :D

If only closing that gap were a possibility. This pic was posted in a South Florida urban picture thread. If Charlotte EVER gets to this point, I will be amazed.

208343819160.jpg

Another interesting point to keep in mind with that terrific shot of the Miami skyline is that the overwhelming majority of those buildings are residential!!!

Jacksonville has long been known as Florida's "business city", with most banking, financial, and insurance hubs located there. Up until last year, Jax's skyline was 100% commercial.

So when ya see those inspiring pics of Miami's skyline, remember those are mostly condos! Miami has never been a huge business city.

Archived