What is Your Favorite Music?

mcheiss

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll listen to a little of everything. I used to listen to mainly techno, but I've really branched out. Hard for me to pick any favorites. I've recently been trying to expand my selection of world music and have been getting some music from the Middle East and North Africa.

I listen to everything. Some trance too. It's pretty surprising that you guys listen to that. I've only known a few people in Arkansas to listen to that type of music (mainly from ASMSA).

I listen mainly to alternative/soft rock.

But basically, I'll listen to anybody with talent.

A few of my favorites:

Sufjan Stevens--Really good. Doesn't really fit into any genre. NPR "Best Album"

Black Eyed Peas--One of the few rap bands I listen to. One of the members is half filipino.

Nickel Creek--Bluegrass. Their newest album as a contemporary twist.

Death Cab for Cutie-- Alt Rock? It's weird.

Postal Service-- Techno-ish sounding rock. Often played on shows and movies.

Green Day--Classic alternative Rock

Weezer---Ditto

System of a Down--Iraqi-American Alt Rock

Amadou and Mariam-- African Rock. Named an NPR Best Album. Really good and different.

Gnarls Barkley--R and B...but much more different and creative than the others.

I just took these off of facebook, so it wasn't too much work.

I went through many phases of music since the early 80's. Recently I've been on an 80's New Wave kick and have been reliving my adolescent years through music... may be a mid-life crisis!

Aside from this 80's deviation I'm on my favorite music is Industrial and Goth. Some of my favorite bands/artisits include:

Funker Vogt (#1 of all)

VNV Nation

Front Line Assembly

Razed In Black

Apoptygma Berzerk

KMFDM

Assemblage 23

Laibach

Leather Strip

Clan of Xymox

Icon of Coil

Informatik

Neuroactive

Sweep

Spahn Ranch

I went through many phases of music since the early 80's. Recently I've been on an 80's New Wave kick and have been reliving my adolescent years through music... may be a mid-life crisis!

Aside from this 80's deviation I'm on my favorite music is Industrial and Goth. Some of my favorite bands/artisits include:

Funker Vogt (#1 of all)

VNV Nation

Front Line Assembly

Razed In Black

Apoptygma Berzerk

KMFDM

Assemblage 23

Laibach

Leather Strip

Clan of Xymox

Icon of Coil

Informatik

Neuroactive

Sweep

Spahn Ranch

I'm with you on the 80s New Wave kick. I listen to it on satellite radio all the time.

Funker Vogt (#1 of all)

VNV Nation

Front Line Assembly

Razed In Black

Apoptygma Berzerk

KMFDM

Assemblage 23

Laibach

Leather Strip

Clan of Xymox

Icon of Coil

Informatik

Neuroactive

Sweep

Spahn Ranch

I recognize a lot of those industrial bands. I was pretty big into industrial back then.

I recognize a lot of those industrial bands. I was pretty big into industrial back then.

Industrial music has all the energy without the monotony of most other electronic music genres. Funker Vogt is nothing less than Bach and Beethoven in digital ecstacy. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I'm with you on the 80s New Wave kick. I listen to it on satellite radio all the time.

I need to get satellite radio... it would save me lots of time and $ trying to find all those great songs. :lol:

Weezer was cool for a while, until they came back with their green album and their get-old-fast poppy-catchy tunes (smelled like selling out to me)...

Most of my likes come from late 90's/early 00's punk/emo/alt rock. I like old country/western/country-rock too (late 60's maybe to early-mid 90's... I can't stand today's pop country).

Probably the only bands people might recognize are Modest Mouse (before they, it seems to me, sold out), Thursday, Foo Fighters, Sunny Day maybe, TGUK unlikely... well that's all I can think of right now but most others are on indie labels so I doubt people have heard of them.

Weezer was cool for a while, until they came back with their green album and their get-old-fast poppy-catchy tunes (smelled like selling out to me)...

Most of my likes come from late 90's/early 00's punk/emo/alt rock. I like old country/western/country-rock too (late 60's maybe to early-mid 90's... I can't stand today's pop country).

Probably the only bands people might recognize are Modest Mouse (before they, it seems to me, sold out), Thursday, Foo Fighters, Sunny Day maybe, TGUK unlikely... well that's all I can think of right now but most others are on indie labels so I doubt people have heard of them.

I recognize some of those groups and like them. Not sure if I like them before or after they sold out. :lol:

I was listening to Thom Yorke's new cd, The Eraser. Not sure if we have any Radiohead fans out there. Anyway I like the new cd but I think people have to keep in mind it's more electronica. Personally I like Radiohead's later stuff unlike many of my friend who think their oldest stuff is the best.

I was listening to Thom Yorke's new cd, The Eraser. Not sure if we have any Radiohead fans out there. Anyway I like the new cd but I think people have to keep in mind it's more electronica. Personally I like Radiohead's later stuff unlike many of my friend who think their oldest stuff is the best.

You know I used to really like Radiohead back in the day... I guess I just slowly forgot about them (even when they went more electronica I still liked some of their stuff, but not as much). How is it?

You know I used to really like Radiohead back in the day... I guess I just slowly forgot about them (even when they went more electronica I still liked some of their stuff, but not as much). How is it?

Oh I like it quite a bit. I've heard pretty good reviews for it. Even people who overall seem to prefer Radiohead's older stuff. I guess you could say it's more in the style of say their album Amnesiac.

Radiohead. Yes.

I like all of Radiohead's stuff, though I have to admit I like the early less-electronic stuff better. Karma Police may be the best song ever.

I was in Oxford when they were big and they played there all the time. Never saw them, I thought they only had two songs - Fake Plastic Trees and Creep. I was still in a grunge phase. I'm still kicking myself over it.

I like all of Radiohead's stuff, though I have to admit I like the early less-electronic stuff better. Karma Police may be the best song ever.

I was in Oxford when they were big and they played there all the time. Never saw them, I thought they only had two songs - Fake Plastic Trees and Creep. I was still in a grunge phase. I'm still kicking myself over it.

I remember hearing Creep and thinking it was an okay song and then I didn't pay attention again until Paranoid Android was out. Then I finally decided to check them out.

• 2 months later...

Archived