Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seicer

65 story planned for Lexington?

11 posts in this topic

WOWSER !!!

Let's see what comes of this. Mixed-use is definately the way to go. Any guess as to whom the 'anonymous developer' is ?

WOWSER !!!

Let's see what comes of this. Mixed-use is definately the way to go. Any guess as to whom the 'anonymous developer' is ?

I can't find anything about this. I was thinking that it would be the project one block from the courthouse, bounded by Limestone, Main, Upper, and Vine Streets (bonus: its right across from my new apartment!) since there are plans for demolition of some of those existing structures for a high-rise.

Wow! What a huge project. It sounds too good to be true, but I hope it is!

Wow, is right. Can anyone find more information about this?

I was checking skyscrapercity and someone contacted the architect and the downtown development authority and neither of them knew of this project. Looks like somebody lied or was seriously confused.

There are or have been proposals in almost every medium sized city to build a very tall tower. Until you see the shovels hit the ground I would not put too much stock in it. Also, Wikipedia, SSC, SSP, etc are notoriously bad places to get information. Wait for it to hit the papers.

There are or have been proposals in almost every medium sized city to build a very tall tower. Until you see the shovels hit the ground I would not put too much stock in it. Also, Wikipedia, SSC, SSP, etc are notoriously bad places to get information. Wait for it to hit the papers.

I agree, if its indeed true the Lexington media would be all over it. As of right now I would take it as a grain of salt until a more credible source confirms it. Or its possible that theres some validity to what Wikipedia has printed. We'll just have to wait and see.

I agree, if its indeed true the Lexington media would be all over it. As of right now I would take it as a grain of salt until a more credible source confirms it. Or its possible that theres some validity to what Wikipedia has printed. We'll just have to wait and see.

I placed {{fact}} to see if we can get a source. If not within a week, the statement will be removed.

I would think the local media would have already picked up on this. So I have to agree with everyone else, that until it gets picked up by the local media and/or is at least substantiated by a firm or credible person involved, then I would take it with a grain of salt.