IN-PROGRESS: Plaza Condominium

• 6 months later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just dont link the idea of looking down on Ken. Pla.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't mind that actually. The Westminster side wouldn't be bad though, especially with things to come there. That street's gonna be sweet!

That could also but true but they Are still working inside ( whatever that means ) Atleast last week I havent checked as of late.....

I just dont link the idea of looking down on Ken. Pla.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are high enough up, you look right over the plaza and old rail station right at the state house. Or, in about two years, at Parcel 2 high-rises.

• 5 months later...

That's like the third time this project has gone to mortgagee sale...they keep "reviving" it at the last minute.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It troubles me that a medium sized company hasn't grabbed it for a HQ...what does that say about the call by the city for more office space? Is it now viewed as too short/small for today's market?

• 1 month later...

There was work going on at a ground floor office on the Weybosset side of the Turks Head Building the other day. I believe this is OneTen's sales office, cross your fingers for a scale model. :)

Walking from dorence towards Ken. Plaza there is a building right by tommys that is advertising condo for sale, does any one know if that is any one building or just kind of like a real estate office?

Walking from dorence towards Ken. Plaza there is a building right by tommys that is advertising condo for sale, does any one know if that is any one building or just kind of like a real estate office?

People's Savings Bank Building was to be converted into 5 or so luxury condos but the developer and building are now bankrupt. No plans.

People's Savings Bank Building was to be converted into 5 or so luxury condos but the developer and building are now bankrupt. No plans.

Does anyone know the story here? Supposedly, I had heard and read in several places how all the units were accounted for with buyers...

- Garris

Does anyone know the story here? Supposedly, I had heard and read in several places how all the units were accounted for with buyers...

- Garris

The one on Westminster/Kennedy Plaza is not moving forward on anything. The developer (bankrupt) actually did an entire mock-up of a condo inside eventhough there's like 5' of water in the basement - building is shut down.

Near/on Pine Street? I've seen that before too, it's been there for a long time, and I don't quite know what they are advertising, I guess one could call the number and ask.

Those are condos above Lupo's right? If so - I understand they've all sold.

The one on Westminster/Kennedy Plaza is not moving forward on anything. The developer (bankrupt) actually did an entire mock-up of a condo inside eventhough there's like 5' of water in the basement - building is shut down.

Thanks for the info. If the developer is bankrupt, who owns the building? There's nothing inherently special about that structure, especially at ground level. That would be a great site for something new (and taller).

- Garris

Thanks for the info. If the developer is bankrupt, who owns the building? There's nothing inherently special about that structure, especially at ground level. That would be a great site for something new (and taller).

- Garris

You don't think the CVS is special? The place should be demolished. No idea who own the building - some bank or whomever owns the debt on the building I'd assume.

There's nothing inherently special about that structure, especially at ground level. That would be a great site for something new (and taller).

I actually like it, check out ArtInRuins' pictures of it. The building between it and Superman is actually quite nice as well, though you wouldn't know that from the monstrous facades that were put on the Kennedy Plaza and Westminster faces of it.

The building hasn't been taken care of in a long time, CVS certainly isn't taking care of it, they can't even drag a broom through the lobby. I'd like to see it and it's neighbour restored to their historic character, I'd prefer to see office tenants, it being the Financial District and all, but condos would be fine. CVS has got to go, bring something else into the ground floor please.

I'm all for taller, but I think we've got enough in that Kennedy Plaza block, save this and build tall on some of the numerous empty lots littering downtown.

demolish this building... make up for that CVS with a full pharmacy on Westminst. and build something pretty in it's place.

I havent been to this site in a while, but how about if it was demolished and kept that way. Just resurface the ground, maybe have a line of trees going in there and provide benches, trash cans, walk ways, potted plants, and other decorative little things. MAYBE the two surrounding buildings could even do some construction work and create side entrances along this new little urban park.

Again I havent been to this building in over a year now.. so I really forget the entire layout and if this would work

I actually like it, check out ArtInRuins' pictures of it. The building between it and Superman is actually quite nice as well, though you wouldn't know that from the monstrous facades that were put on the Kennedy Plaza and Westminster faces of it.

I think its a neat building. Its narrow width makes it look like a "little" tall building. I like it quite a bit. I'd prolly prefer offices there as well, but any decent use seems OK by me. I think it would be a shame to take it down.

Liam

I agree. It's a good example of stripped-down moderne (as opposed to modern) architecture from the 1940s. Very unusual layout as well with the two towers on either side and the long banking hall between.

I think its a neat building. Its narrow width makes it look like a "little" tall building. I like it quite a bit. I'd prolly prefer offices there as well, but any decent use seems OK by me. I think it would be a shame to take it down.

Liam

• 10 months later...

The CVS condo project is now know as Plaza Condominium. Construction is underway.

http://www.riliving.com/PropSearch/cndform...887&indiv=1

Good find. But a million dollars? To be on Kennedy Plaza? Without any of the luxury service amenities of a place like the Westin Condos or 110? Wow... And I love this line, "...call before price increase!"

I want to see as many buildings downtown used and vibrant as possible, and I know that it must take a pretty penny to rehab this mess, but a million... Wow...

Great view though :D.

- Garris

Archived