The Best President in the 20th century.

Snowguy716

Best President  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite president during the 20th century?

• Theodore Roosevelt
    • William Taft
    • Woodrow Wilson
    • Calvin Coolidge
    • Herbert Hoover
    • Franklin Roosevelt
    • Harry Truman
    • Dwight Eisenhower
    • John Kennedy
    • Lyndon Johnson
    • Richard Nixon
    • Jimmy Carter
    • Ronald Reagan
    • George H.W. Bush
    • Bill Clinton

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Metro.. if you liked Gerald Ford, by all means, state it here.

Though he was the last of the moderate Republicans before the party was taken over by the neo-cons and religious extremists, I doubt he would have gotten any votes for best president. His giving Nixon a pardon for all crimes committed, is a big black stain on his record.

I vote for Harry S. Truman! A simple, unpretentious man who was smart as hell, and surprised everyone.

Truman drew a line in the sand, and put a road block during Stalin's adventures in Eastern Europe. If it weren't for Truman, Greece would have been in the Warsaw Pact.

Truman created many modern aspects of our government that lasted and flourish today.

I love his honesty, and especially his quote about Nixon in 1960 "...he's a angel love shifty eyed liar!"

Best in the 20th Century: Truman

Worst in the 20th Century: Nixon

oops! That was supposed to be go**amn liar-lol

George Bush- for creating the greatest political family ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I believe it was Prescott Bush (Senator from CT) that created the family, but I digress. I voted for Teddy Roosevelt, but FDR was a close second in my book. Teddy was a great visionary in my opinion, creating the national park system amongst other things. Those Roosevelts sure had good genes....

watergate and vietnam aside, nixon wasn't a terrible president.

i voted teddy roosevelt because of his naturalist ways and because of his "speak softly and carry a big stick" mentality, unlike our current president's "speak loudly and blow the crap out of anyone who gets in your way" mentality.

FDR is up there, along with clinton in my book.

As anti-automobile as I am, I had to give a little credit to Eisenhower for the envisioning our interstate system and creating standards for them that still stand today. If not for him, my six hour drive from Charlotte to Jacksonville could have easily been an 18 hour trip, if not longer. Increasing our country's connectivity within itself helped the US rise to the economic power that it became in the later 20th century.

They are the root of sprawl which is all that is evil on Urban Planet; but with shipping aside, commerce could not be what it is in our country without the interstate system.

The Cousins Roosevelt could and should have gotten my vote, but I felt Eisenhower deserved some credit. I like Ike.

Edit: Cadeho, you're right, I was just stuck on last names at the time I wrote it.

Bush II was never president in the 20th century.

I don't know if he beat Kerry. The many, many discrepencies in Ohio voting were never investigated. :ph34r:

As far as the last two elections, I believe we were give a "d***ed if you voted for him" or "d***ed if you vote for him" kind of choice. Out of all the brilliant people in this country, look at what we had to choose from.

As far as my choice for best prez, I said FDR. He really brought us thru some tough times in spite of personal impediments. They don't make them like him anymore.

i voted FDR

--but i think woodrow wilson was that "what if" guy and is underrated as far as presidents go. his stroke was a huge blow and wilson pre-stroke was on the path to lay the post-war foundation that could've prevented WWII.

Archived