Metro Cruise on saturday August 26th

GoBroncos

Hey there Detroit! I just wanted to get the word out to all the Detroiters about the 2nd Annual Grand Rapids Metro Cruise. The GR Metro Cruise covers 13 miles along 28th street from Wyoming to Cascade. The GR Metro Cruise is being mirrored after the Woodward Dream Cruise(Detroit), so if like the Woodward Dream Cruise then you should like the GR Metro Cruise. Last years Metro Cruise, which was The Inagural Metro Cruise, was a success drawing over 125,000 spectators and this year they are expecting a big jump in attendance. The Woodward Dream Cruise is by far the best car show/cruise in this state and probably in the country so please do not think the Metro Cruise is on that scale. But the Metro Cruise is a good quality show/cruise which is expected to have a big jump in attendance this year(its 2nd year). The Metro Cruise officially runs from 9am until 10pm but last year the local authorities never really shut it down, so it went later than that. And if you like to spin your tires you can feel free at the Metro Cruise because the local authorities do not hand out tickets for burning rubber! Pretty cool eh. So if you like cars then get out to the GR Metro Cruise on saturday August 26th. Hope to see you there.

Here is the GR Metro Cruise website: http://www.28thstreetmetrocruise.com/

GRMetroCruise.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

125,000 is huge for an even that's only been in the running for the 2nd year. If I wasn't busy on the 26th I definitely would be there. Sadly I missed the Woodward cruise as well this year. :(

I think this will get more publicity though in the overall Michigan forum so the Flint, AA, and Lansing forumers can see it as well. I'll maintain a link here in the Detroit forums though.

125,000 is huge for an even that's only been in the running for the 2nd year. If I wasn't busy on the 26th I definitely would be there. Sadly I missed the Woodward cruise as well this year. :(

I think this will get more publicity though in the overall Michigan forum so the Flint, AA, and Lansing forumers can see it as well. I'll maintain a link here in the Detroit forums though.

I was at the Woodward Cruise and it was awesome once again. Even with the rain it was great.

I know how much Detroiters love their cars so that is why I targeted the Detroit forum for this topic. But your right, the Michigan forum will give it more publicity. Thanks for taking care of this for me.

Archived