Introduce Yourself

Hello everyone. Just came across UP and its the best site of it's type I've seen. Native New Yorker of puertorican parents. Love to keep up with Urban issues, mass transit and new projects. Here on the mainland as well as in Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico. By the way, Guam looks GREAT!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, i'm glad you found this site. PR could use more representation in this forum, it has a large population yet it's still overlooked by most of the U.S. Mainland. I'm originally from Hawaii so i post a lot of stuff of Hawaii and territories like Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc. Feel free to share with us whatever you know about PR or pics. There are two others here that i've noticed that are from PR too one lives in NYC like you and the other still in PR. :)

Welcome, i'm glad you found this site. PR could use more representation in this forum, it has a large population yet it's still overlooked by most of the U.S. Mainland. I'm originally from Hawaii so i post a lot of stuff of Hawaii and territories like Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc. Feel free to share with us whatever you know about PR or pics. There are two others here that i've noticed that are from PR too one lives in NYC like you and the other still in PR. :)

Thanks, even though I was born and raised here in NYC, I travel often to Puerto Rico. I will be adding pictures in the near future. Hope eveyone enjoys them.

I have been in other forums like skyscrapercity, skyscraperpage, but Puerto Rico was classified under LatinAmerican forums and there was a lot of issues between Dominicans and Puerto Ricans (They hate us). I got tired of them and I moved here. I feel at home here with hawaiians and people from alaska, guam, virgin islands etc. This is the place where Puerto Rico belongs.

I found this place thanks to dreamliner, who posted a link at skyscraperpage ^^

Same,I remember you from ssc...

Dominicans envy us,thats why..

Is it also the same in real life like in places like NYC with large Puerto Rican and Dominican populations? It almost sounds like the same thing in Hawaii but with the Samoans and Tongans mainly because they always get mistaken for the other and don't like it so they try to distinguish themselves by avoiding each other.

Well, if anybody read it, it was WWIII again over at SSC. A simple post on the expansion of an airport at the Dominican Republic turned into another pointless argument between DR and Puerto Rico. If it weren't so tragic, it would be funny. You know who are the ones to be suspended or banned as usual.

Yep!

The post were closed. I said a badword ... I thought that shafick would ban me but he didn't.

Anyway that was an unnecesary discussion ... I wasn't in favor of any.

Shafick is a hypocrite and a bigot. He has no right to judge anyone about anything. A true moderator would have stopped the argument with the first person out of line, period. Not wait until it gets out of control. It's always the same script with the same actors.

• 1 month later...

Although I've been around for sometime already I haven't introduced myself. My name is Joey and I'am from Camuy in nothern PR, but since I started my university studies four years ago in UPRM I've been living in Maya-west or must say Mayaguez, hahaha. This site is incredible and you people are amazing. Keep up with the good work. BTW Emporis should seriously update their info.

Although I've been around for sometime already I haven't introduced myself. My name is Joey and I'am from Camuy in nothern PR, but since I started my university studies four years ago in UPRM I've been living in Maya-west or must say Mayaguez, hahaha. This site is incredible and you people are amazing. Keep up with the good work. BTW Emporis should seriously update their info.

Welcome to the forum Joey, I'm Louie. Hope you enjoy UP, it's a lot quieter for Puertoricans here than in SSC or SSP. But the information is first rate. Enjoy. Did anyone read the offical apology from an administrator over at SSP? They finally "cleared" (myself inclueded) the few Puertoricans that are left at the forum from being accused as the infamous "newyorikan" or "Boricuba". It seems that anybody, wether you posted or not, was accused of being any one of these persons. You just had to be Puertorican, and the usual suspects started to point fingers. How sad. I'm not quite sure what these 2 forumers wrote, but apparently it was awful enough to leave some deep psychological wounds on a few. Well, thankfully things are far peaceful here. :yahoo:

Hey Joey, any truth to the rumor that work started on the extention of Highway 22 from Hatillo all the way to Aguadilla?

Archived