Will Hillary Clinton win the presidential election?

michaelskis

I don't know if being a woman would hurt Clinton very much. To use your figures, how many of those 16% who would vote against a woman on principle are staunch conservatives who wouldn't vote for any Democrat? It's probably safe to assume that the 70% who don't care about the president's gender includes most Democratic base and swing voters.

there are lifelong democrats who would not vote for a woman... think unions.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are lifelong democrats who would not vote for a woman... think unions.

Would enough of them desert the party and vote for a neocon over the issue to make much difference? Unions are about as powerful in RI as anywhere, and there's little doubt Clinton would easily win the state.

Would enough of them desert the party and vote for a neocon over the issue to make much difference? Unions are about as powerful in RI as anywhere, and there's little doubt Clinton would easily win the state.

The election in 2000 hinged on just a few hundred votes, so yes it is a distinct possibility.

However the biggest reason Hillary would be a mistake to nominate is not because she is a woman, its because she simply doesn't appeal to enough people to win the election. It would be a mistake to believe that just because she married presidential material that a marriage certificate qualifies her for the job as well. Note I am not talking about her ability to be a good president but rather her ability to get elected to the job. They are not the same.

Here is a good sorce to start with. While I don't know anything about your life... I figure this guy knows what he is talking about.

http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/social_security/

On the other hand, I don't know... you may be a multi millionaire with all the degrees and such.

As for the New England Journal of Medicine Link... the summery is interesting, but do you have a link where I don

Archived