Will Hillary Clinton win the presidential election?

michaelskis

Unless something drastic happens, which is always a possibility in politics...it will be McCain and Clinton going against each other in 08. I like Hillary and would vote for her but she is so polarizing it would be a very hard battle to get even moderates to come her way. John Edwards has progressive as well as populist appeal and a much better shot at winning over Republicans and Independents. But Hillary already has all the big money locked up. And once again us Democrats will walk over a cliff with a candidate that does not have broad appeal. angry: I am so sick of losing! For what it's worth, my liberal never will happen fantasy winner is President Russ Feingold wub:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't there a train of political thought that says whichever Republican candidate wins in the South Carolina primary, will ultimately win the party's nomination?

George W. Bush won there in 2000, after his henchmen politically assasinated John McCain.

I have extreme doubts about Guilliani or Pataki winning in S.C. I guess Frist could win in S.C. since he's cozied up to the Religious Right. Of course Frist is such a terrible speaker, even Walter Mondale looks dazzling in comparison! (by the way, I'm a HUGE Mondale fan:)

Would Pataki or Guilliani be able to move far enough to the right, to succeed in S.C.? I doubt it. If Frist wins, the Dems should be able to win this one. Unless the Dems nominate Hillary, or renominate Kerry or something insane~~

isn't frist an MD? i had to laugh when he jumped on the abstinence bandwagon using medically inaccurate reasons for promoting no sex over safe sex.

Unless something drastic happens, which is always a possibility in politics...it will be McCain and Clinton going against each other in 08. I like Hillary and would vote for her but she is so polarizing it would be a very hard battle to get even moderates to come her way. John Edwards has progressive as well as populist appeal and a much better shot at winning over Republicans and Independents. But Hillary already has all the big money locked up. And once again us Democrats will walk over a cliff with a candidate that does not have broad appeal. angry: I am so sick of losing! For what it's worth, my liberal never will happen fantasy winner is President Russ Feingold wub:

i don't consider hillary to be that polarizing. she's not as liberal as people think she is, and her husband is not polarizing at all.

if mccain would get over his republican roots, i think he would make a great president. but he's not very predictable and has jumped no the republican bandwagon a lot since bush took office.

john edwards could get some southern votes for the democrats, but i'm not sure he'd be great for president.

Well.. no sex is the best method of birth control and best way to avoid STDs... what did he say?

you're gonna make me look up all the crap the republicans said about why abstinence is best...

i agree, it is the best method, but the party came up with a bunch of reasons, many of which were medical lies. it was actually on the daily show and quite funny (and while the daily show isn't real news, he does show things that were actually said).

personally, i'd like to see john stewart as president, stephen colbert as VP, and al franken in there somewhere (secretary of state maybe?).

I don't think Dick Cheney is the devil... as he is doing the Lord's work according to most of the conservative Christians.

I just think Dick Cheney is extremely self serving. He does nothing that he doesn't profit or benefit off of.. and he has absolutely no conscience or moral standards. He will do anything for his benefit to the dismay of almost the entire world... as long as it doesn't sour the 50.1% of Americans that can keep him in office.

I don't think Dick Cheney is the devil... as he is doing the Lord's work according to most of the conservative Christians.

I just think Dick Cheney is extremely self serving. He does nothing that he doesn't profit or benefit off of.. and he has absolutely no conscience or moral standards. He will do anything for his benefit to the dismay of almost the entire world... as long as it doesn't sour the 50.1% of Americans that can keep him in office.

at least he's not 100% anti-gay because of his daughter...

No.. that's one interesting thing about Dick Cheney. You will never hear him talk about gay issues, because it hits close to home. Rhetoric is easy and great and scores great political points until it hits home... I think Dick Cheney understands that... but rather than do the right thing and stand up for his daughter, he simply keeps hush hush about it knowing that it would hurt George's reputation.

It's sad... but if I had one ounce of respect for Dick Cheney, it would be that he loves his daughter... lesbian or not.

Dick Cheney has always been opposed to equality of marriage. That means he is opposed to his own daughter getting married and having a normal married life.

Either he is ambivalent about his daughter, or he's the biggest living hipocrit.

Look at Cheney's face----looks like the devil to me~~~

Dick Cheney has always been opposed to equality of marriage. That means he is opposed to his own daughter getting married and having a normal married life.

Either he is ambivalent about his daughter, or he's the biggest living hipocrit.

Look at Cheney's face----looks like the devil to me~~~

but he's never gone and spoken out against equality of marriage either... so regardless of how he feels, he stays hush about it for his daughter.

To me his face looks like an older version of Junior from Problem Child

how did this go from Hillary to Dick Cheney?

Must be that the Democrat’s can’t find anything good to say about Hillary, so they need to bash the Republican VP.

Must be. Because Hillary is such an awful person... starting wars based on lies, spying on Americans in breach of the consitution, selling out Senior citizens, students, veterans and the disabled for the interests of big oil and other big business... dividing the nation with wedge issues...

I get so sick of conservatives who have nothing constructive to say so they just try to trash everyone else.

My point exactly

Dems whine about Republicans... Republicans whine about democrats whining about Republicans and Democrats whine about the Republicans whining about the Democrats whining about the Republicans and hte process goes on and on because neither side will fess up to just being immature.

I just think any person who will use Bill Clinton's sexual promiscuity to justify impeachment and an example of the moral rotting of this nation and then stand behind George Bush whose policies are responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis is morally corrupt and should maybe get their nose out of the glue bottle.. because it's destroying this country.

If HIllary won the presidency, it would be the end of the world... of pre-emptive wars, needless suffering, and the disgusting greediness that kniving thieving fat, rich, white men have to hoard money at the expense of everyone else.

If you're still convinced that Republicans will deliver for the working class... you're plain stupid... or just haven't looked around you at all.

Dems whine about Republicans... Republicans whine about democrats whining about Republicans and Democrats whine about the Republicans whining about the Democrats whining about the Republicans and hte process goes on and on because neither side will fess up to just being immature.

I just think any person who will use Bill Clinton's sexual promiscuity to justify impeachment and an example of the moral rotting of this nation and then stand behind George Bush whose policies are responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis is morally corrupt and should maybe get their nose out of the glue bottle.. because it's destroying this country.

If HIllary won the presidency, it would be the end of the world... of pre-emptive wars, needless suffering, and the disgusting greediness that kniving thieving fat, rich, white men have to hoard money at the expense of everyone else.

If you're still convinced that Republicans will deliver for the working class... you're plain stupid... or just haven't looked around you at all.

katherine harris recently said that by not electing the republicans, you put "sin into law".

Archived