Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

Connecticut Blvd East Hartford

4 posts in this topic

As I sit in an office on CT Blvd, I realize this street is really under-utilized. As one of the main drags with easy access from East Hartford to Downtown Hartford, it should be setupbetter than car dealerships and small offices. It should REALLY be a boulevard and have rows of shops and residential above them. I think it could easily become one of the most profitablemain drags that East Hartford ever saw. And no, Tycoon, I really don't hate car dealerships, I just hate where they are currently positioned... :thumbsup:

MadVlad,

If you get a chance, look how CT BLVD heads toward the Bulkeley bridge when I-84 sweeps in for the interception.

As I sit in an office on CT Blvd, I realize this street is really under-utilized. As one of the main drags with easy access from East Hartford to Downtown Hartford, it should be setupbetter than car dealerships and small offices. It should REALLY be a boulevard and have rows of shops and residential above them. I think it could easily become one of the most profitablemain drags that East Hartford ever saw. And no, Tycoon, I really don't hate car dealerships, I just hate where they are currently positioned... :thumbsup:

I understand, although from a business perspective I know they like being on heavily traveled main drags.....

The street should definately be a city street connecting East Hartford to Hartford though. Again, I don't think we need to move all of the dealerships however I could see relocating some to other nearby areas. I just kind of hate the idea of moving successful businesses in successful locations......

MadVlad,

If you get a chance, look how CT BLVD heads toward the Bulkeley bridge when I-84 sweeps in for the interception.

It's a straight shot, brother.....

Cotuit, I messed up, can you move this to the Greater Hartford Forum?