Air France may be on its way

Bears

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is good news that AF and NWA worked out their codeshare agreement within SkyTeam. Hopefully on down the road if the economy is good and NWA adds a bank or two in MEM, MEM can get a direct flight to CDG in addition to the AMS non-stop. There would be a good local feed, and surely there's a good number of people in the Southeast who want to connect to Europe/Asia this way.

This is good news that AF and NWA worked out their codeshare agreement within SkyTeam. Hopefully on down the road if the economy is good and NWA adds a bank or two in MEM, MEM can get a direct flight to CDG in addition to the AMS non-stop. There would be a good local feed, and surely there's a good number of people in the Southeast who want to connect to Europe/Asia this way.

Great news on the codeshare. Although I wouldn't necessarily connect the agreement to an imminent non-stop to CDG. Northwest has alot of codeshares that don't have direct flights to Memphis. Still, should be great for more options in getting around Europe!!

http://www.memphisdailynews.com/Editorial/...e=8%2f22%2f2006

I really hope this brings down flights from Europe and Memphis. Right now, its cheaper to fly MEM-ATL-Amsterdam, instead of taking a nonstop flight. Possibly because NWA has to compete with Airtran to Atlanta.

Actually, I checked in June and the rates were about the same back then for a flight in October... Has it changed now?

Edit: And I just checked right now again, and the cheapest flight from Memphis through a connection (after fees and taxes) is a whole $8 cheaper than Memphis-Amst nonstop. $758 through Chicago vs. $764 nonstop. This was through Orbitz, which places something like a $5 charge on all rates, so that difference is a toss-up. Delta, after fees etc, was $826.

Not to dispute your research, I just saw something different. Do you have a different source that reflects cheaper rates?

Not to dispute your research, I just saw something different. Do you have a different source that reflects cheaper rates?

I think I checked with nwa.com since their passengers are the only ones that really matter in Memphis' international airline stats. I think it was sometime in July. Since alot of the people who fly Memphis-Amsterdam are connecting passengers, I checked how people from Orlando would get to Amsterdam and the cheapest flight with Northwest is $1354.03 via Detroit and Toronto for December 7. Memphis' nonstop to Amsterdam is much more expensive compared to the other Northwest hubs.

Prices w/o taxes:

MPS-AMS $2436.50

DTW-AMS $2080.50

MEM-AMS $2486.50

Hasn't a second daily flight to Amsterdam been announced? That must mean the Memphis flight is doing good.

I think I checked with nwa.com since their passengers are the only ones that really matter in Memphis' international airline stats. I think it was sometime in July. Since alot of the people who fly Memphis-Amsterdam are connecting passengers, I checked how people from Orlando would get to Amsterdam and the cheapest flight with Northwest is $1354.03 via Detroit and Toronto for December 7. Memphis' nonstop to Amsterdam is much more expensive compared to the other Northwest hubs.

Prices w/o taxes:

MPS-AMS $2436.50

DTW-AMS $2080.50

MEM-AMS $2486.50

Hasn't a second daily flight to Amsterdam been announced? That must mean the Memphis flight is doing good.

Yeah, I dunno what to tell ya. Gotta shop Orbitz? Nonstop Memphis - Amsterdam (NWA): $715, after fees. Leave 12/7, return 12/11. But the nwa site has it for $705. I'm still confused why you're getting more expensive rates. Did you check it for one person?

Cheapest 1-stop is $687, not using NWA.

I haven't heard anything about a second flight except rumors. I'm sure someone here knows something about it though . . .

Archived