Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbrown84

Skirvin Hotel Pictures

15 posts in this topic

Is this a restoration project?

The building looks great from the outside, a great early 20th century feel.

Yeah it's a $50+ million restoration project of the Skirvin Hotel which has been closed since the late 80's. It will become the Skirvin Hilton and be open just in time for the Big 12 Basketball Tournament, which we are hosting in March.

Is Doug aware you're copying his photos? Not that it really matters... I do it all the time... lol

I don't think he'd care as long as I credit him. If he does let me know and I'll remove them.

Have you seen the 20s-era postcards that portray the hotel in more an art-deco array? It looks pretty snazzy too, FNB and the Ramsey Tower are distorted and it looks pretty cool.

There's actually a sign on it now stating it will open Feb 2007...should be great

Welcome okie4life to Urban Planet. I take it that you live in Oklahoma City?

Keep us posted on the progress at the Skirvin. It's great to see it coming along!

The Hilton Skirvin Hotel has set it's grand opening for February 26th. There's an article out there, but I won't post it for fear of violating some rule.

Just post the link and you'll be fine.

They just don't make them like the Skirvin any more. I'm glad it didn't get knocked down; it's one rather gorgeous building.

The Man Who Built the Skirvin

An interesting article about W. B. Skirvin himself. The hotel was to have has a 28 story tower adjacent, but the depression forced Skirvin to cap it at 14 stories. From all appearances, the Skirvin clan were colorful, to say the least.

Hotel-Online- The Daily Oklahoman

More Skirvin History

Still more on the history of the Skirvin. The hotel has certainly seen its share of celebrities over the years. It's a good thing that I.M. Pei's urban renewal plan didn't spell the end for this remarkable place.

Hotel-Online- Daily Oklahoman

Skirvin Hilton Opens its Doors Again After 19 Year Hiatus

The Skirvin Hilton is open in downtown Oklahoma City! It's great to see that such a significant structure could be resuscitated just in time for Oklahoma's Centennial. Perhaps more of downtown OKC will follow in its wake. This is a solid cornerstone for the city's revival.

HotelInteractive.com