Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recchia

Wild Animals in the Bucket?

18 posts in this topic

Okay, so I'm walking to the gym tonight, and I get over 95 and am walking along Walcott Street right before Pawtucket Congregational, and all of a sudden, this huge animal thing runs out of a bush in front of that white banquet hall (name escapes me). It had a long bushy tail and was brown, kinda looked like a beaver but didnt have the flat hairless tail. I was stunned at what kind of wild animal could be living in downtown Pawtucket. Anybody have any idea what it could have been? I looked online and cant find anything that looks like this thing.

Okay, so I'm walking to the gym tonight, and I get over 95 and am walking along Walcott Street right before Pawtucket Congregational, and all of a sudden, this huge animal thing runs out of a bush in front of that white banquet hall (name escapes me). It had a long bushy tail and was brown, kinda looked like a beaver but didnt have the flat hairless tail. I was stunned at what kind of wild animal could be living in downtown Pawtucket. Anybody have any idea what it could have been? I looked online and cant find anything that looks like this thing.

Muskrat

Muskrat

I looked up pics of them though and they have long rat-like tails with no hair.

I looked up pics of them though and they have long rat-like tails with no hair.

Dude, ya gotta lay off that cheap beer. :rofl:

I bet it was a Fisher Cat, look that one up.

Dude, ya gotta lay off that cheap beer. :rofl:

I wasn't drunk, I was going to the gym!

I bet it was a Fisher Cat, look that one up.

No, too urban for them and it was much lighter and fatter. I've seen one of these in North Kingstown before, damn those fangs are scary.

Probably a Liger.

lol, you're kidding right?

Groundhog! That's what the Audubon Society lady I emailed thinks it is.

Groundhog! That's what the Audubon Society lady I emailed thinks it is.

Does that mean we have 6 more weeks of summer?

Does that mean we have 6 more weeks of summer?

No but it means I'm gonna have a tasty meal tonight :P

My house has bats.

It sucks but its an old house so what are you gonna do?

looks like I'm not alone either:

Going 'batty' in Pawtucket

We had an awesome encounter with a Bat in our bedroom a couple years ago. I wont bore you with all the details, but it devolved into me in boxer shorts, sans glasses, wildly swinging around a broom whilst knocking books off shelves and pictures off the walls. At that moment I realized I had become a Chevy Chase character.

Ugh my cousins had bats, what a pain in the ass.

I now see the groundhog practically everytime I walk down Walcott Street. I gotta get a photo of how fat this thing is.

My house has bats.

It sucks but its an old house so what are you gonna do?

Likewise my previous residence, like every couple of weeks. At first, we freaked out and did the whole Chevy Chase thing. Later, we realized that the bats would fly around like crazy because they were panicking, just like us. We also devised the following plan:

1 -- Isolate the animal in a single room with an open window. Often, the bats would find their way outside.

2 -- If that didn't work, I'd try to catch it in a blanket. This is much harder than it sounds.

3 -- If that didn't work, I'd wait for the bat to land somewhere. (This could take a couple of hours) Then I'd just approach it slowly, grab it with a blanket and take it outside. They'd just hang there exhausted and hungry, accepting their fate.

No, I never got bit, but I do have an insatiable thirst for human blood. ;)

I saw a deer in Slater Park yesterday morning. :shok: