Gradually, a pattern emerges in NWA

KJW

If some of the largest employers in NWA would start a carpool program where people who carpool are rewarded either cash incentives or maybe a gas card that would help. I can imagine that a certain large employer would laugh at that idea. Having only 4 lanes on I-540 makes having a carpool lane useless.

It's hard to use a HOV lane even on a 6-lane road, it really needs to be 8.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to use a HOV lane even on a 6-lane road, it really needs to be 8.

It's a dilemma that NWA will just have to get past somehow, because growth doesn't slow down because a lack of infrastructure. It just makes life more unbearable for those living in it. Before long we may feel like we're linving in a major metro even if it's just because of the traffic if nothing else, although major metros have the advantage of having more public funding and more infrastructure to begin with.

It's a dilemma that NWA will just have to get past somehow, because growth doesn't slow down because a lack of infrastructure. It just makes life more unbearable for those living in it. Before long we may feel like we're linving in a major metro even if it's just because of the traffic if nothing else, although major metros have the advantage of having more public funding and more infrastructure to begin with.

As bad as NWA could seem it could be a lot worse. It's easy to gripe when you're used to living in an areas with almost no problems but I can tell you I've been to some areas NWA's size that have traffic problems that really put what wer'e talking about to shame. Ft Myers, FL is a good example. Man, that place has traffic that is awful.

As bad as NWA could seem it could be a lot worse. It's easy to gripe when you're used to living in an areas with almost no problems but I can tell you I've been to some areas NWA's size that have traffic problems that really put what wer'e talking about to shame. Ft Myers, FL is a good example. Man, that place has traffic that is awful.

Good point. I may actually be more spoiled than most since I work 3rd shift and I get aggravated if there's one car in front of me. I have the lights timed all the way through Bentonville and all it takes is one idiot to throw me off so I hit every light. :D

Good point. I may actually be more spoiled than most since I work 3rd shift and I get aggravated if there's one car in front of me. I have the lights timed all the way through Bentonville and all it takes is one idiot to throw me off so I hit every light. :D

Wow, it takes me about 20 minutes to go 6 miles to work.

Archived