I'm just so.... angry!

turbocraig

Ok, I've said it before and I'll say it again: City rankings and lists from Forbes and that ilk irritate me. A lot. So maybe that would explain our #15 ranking on today's MSN listing of Angriest US Cities. The list was compiled using data such as percentages of people with high blood pressure, and statistical data on violent crime and traffic congestion.

http://health.msn.com/centers/highbloodpre...42599>1=8503

Take the article with a grain of salt, but I thought it might make for an entertaining discussion. Do you agree with the findings? Could our blood pressure, for example, be due to high-stress, high-finance jobs? I never really thought of Charlotte being an "angry" city. What do you think?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No anger at all, just trying to keep the forum tidy. I have said before however that city rankings in these rags, which come out every month now, are pretty meaningless. It's a cheap trick to sell magazines at the grocery stores and are too lightweight to provide any useful information.

It's actually from MSN, and I put zero stock in it like everyone else. I just wondered if anyone ever thought of Charlotte as being "angry" or whatever you want to call it, based on the criteria cited.

Somewhat- since it's verboten here to be anything other than smiling and pleasant on the surface, the anger festers; I have a neighbor, for example, who is an incredibly nasty lady and who smiles and says, "Have a great day!" to nearly everyone she sees yet every time I see her yet I can tell in her voice and her facial expressions that she is being sarcastic and hateful and that she'd rather say "F_#( you!" or the like (not only to me, but to others). At least in NYC you can just vent at somebody and let off steam rather than letting the anger simmer, and then you feel better about it afterwards.

haha, I think he was joking that you're an angry charlottean Metro. This really is a silly idea for a list, and its from Forbes? Whats next...

i'll tell you whats next... i heard on NPR as well as local news that the princeton review gave asheville area college, warren wilson, some new rankings. it seems they rank WW #1 in the nation for "pot smoking on campus" and #1 for being the most "nostalgic over bill clinton"....

this is probably the most stupid thing ever printed, then reported about, and now posted... but, you asked. :)

i'll tell you whats next... i heard on NPR as well as local news that the princeton review gave asheville area college, warren wilson, some new rankings. it seems they rank WW #1 in the nation for "pot smoking on campus" and #1 for being the most "nostalgic over bill clinton"....

this is probably the most stupid thing ever printed, then reported about, and now posted... but, you asked. :)

Sounds like Warren Wilson College could have some anger-management "classes" here to help calm our folks down

Sounds like Warren Wilson College could have some anger-management "classes" here to help calm our folks down

Then there's always Boone too. I forget if it's the north, south, east or west side of campus, but there's an area that even if you aren't into smoking pot, you'll get high just by walking by.

Then there's always Boone too. I forget if it's the north, south, east or west side of campus, but there's an area that even if you aren't into smoking pot, you'll get high just by walking by.

Or the hill on one side of King Street (the main street). We used to call it High Guy hill since that is what everyone that lived there did -- and what everyone that didn't live there went to do!

Archived