Charlotte Forum

monsoon

The Charlotte sub-forum on UrbanPlanet is now 2.5 years old. It is the oldest forum on UrbanPlanet devoted to a single metro area and was the prototype for what you see on UrbanPlanet.org today. At the time, when we created it, it was a big experiment as we didn't know if a forum like this would work. It has exceeded all of our expectations. For those of you not familiar with our operation, UrbanPlanet is owned, operated, and maintained out of Charlotte though we have people helping us from all over the planet. We appreciate and thank all of you for joining our community and making this place possible.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bravo to UP!

This site is a gem for me, my favorite website for sure:) Thanks to all those folks who envisioned this whole thing, the folks that created it and the folks who administer it!

The Charlotte forums enable me to keep up with my hometown from thousands of miles away.

Thank you for making the Charlotte forum a place I want to come back and read every day, even on my little mobile phone screen when I'm away. You all really post content worth reading... and including as a front page story in the Observer! Maybe one day Mary Newsom will notice us, and add a link from her blog.

I have always been a booster for Charlotte but never had any info or idea what was going on. I have taken great pride watching the maturation of a great new south city. Now when people talk about NC I just open up and say "Does that look backwards to you". I never knew there were other people like me (scraper junkie and road geek). Thanx UP and congrats........

Yes, thanks UP, for making me even more jaded about the wonderful city in which we live! A treasure trove of valuable insight and information if there ever was one. "Another 50-story building?" .... yawn. ;) I love it when someone tells me they heard about this or that building announcement, and I tell them it's old news to me and give them more details on their 'scoop', making them look like total know-nothings. It's why people like me. :) And it wouldn't be possible without this site.

The Charlotte sub-forum on UrbanPlanet is now 2.5 years old. It is the oldest forum on UrbanPlanet devoted to a single metro area and was the prototype for what you see on UrbanPlanet.org today. At the time, when we created it, it was a big experiment as we didn't know if a forum like this would work. It has exceeded all of our expectations. For those of you not familiar with our operation, UrbanPlanet is owned, operated, and maintained out of Charlotte though we have people helping us from all over the planet. We appreciate and thank all of you for joining our community and making this place possible.

Was wondering about that - even given the other cities, Charlotte seemed quite well represented on here for it's relative size. Nice to know we are taking the lead on this kind of site and subject area. Thank you, and this site has been a great experience and learning aid.

Everybody looks at me with amazement when I ramble off about all the projects that are happening in Charlotte today. I wouldn't know half the stuff that was happening around the city if it wasn't for UP. Just want to say thanks and I too am looking forward to discussing/reading about Charlotte for many years to come. :D

Everybody looks at me with amazement when I ramble off about all the projects that are happening in Charlotte today. I wouldn't know half the stuff that was happening around the city if it wasn't for UP. Just want to say thanks and I too am looking forward to discussing/reading about Charlotte for many years to come. :D

I'll have to second that. Before I found UP, I was using Charlotte.com's forums :sick:

Archived