Forsyth Medical Center Expansion

Matthew

It looks like Winston-Salem is getting another beautiful tower to add to it's collection. Forsyth Medical Center is expanding with a new north tower that will reach 9 stories and make Forsyth the largest hospital in the Triad, passing Wake Forest University Medical Center for number of beds. The 114 additional beds will transfter from the two storey Medical Park Hospital to the new construction 9 storey building at Forsyth Medical Center as part of the project. The new tower will break ground this fall and could be completed in 2006 or 2007.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When the Dill Pickle Sandwich Shop relocates then we will know Samit is serious about building that 8 story tower. I think a few forum members got excited hearing the mayor or city manager talking about this two weeks ago at a public meeting on downtown development. Both of those buildings Samit wants to demolish for this are over 100 years old. It's a good location though. Its next door to the Nissen Building and Legal Aid Building and will add another building to our skyline. This building will be wicked narrow. It will have a footprint half the size of the O'hanlon Building. I think it's only 50,000 square feet but it will be 8 stories. Sweet! :lol:

Yeah its going up right next door to Wake Forest's new medical center building! I remember Matthew and Yadkinv saying that Hawthorne Hill and Downtown-Midtown are growing into one big skyline and after passing by that site on the bus last week I can see that the two are growing together much faster than even I realized. These two buildings will close the gap between the two.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Silas Creek Parkway Elks Lodge was sold to Granite/Broyhill LLC for $3.8 million. The developers have said that the land would be developed with a medical park and specialty shops.

I hope they do something with the Days Inn while they're at it. :sick:

Archived