Mars Candy

ATLBrain

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've landed the headquarters for Mars Candy. The currently Los Angeles based company will be moving into a large amount of acreage in Cool Springs to build a 255,000 sq. foot headquarters building. This will be at the new interchange off Caruthers. People have already started buying houses and the move is imminent.

Do we get free M&Ms now? No kidding, this is really big.

From what I've read, this is no longer a rumor. Maybe we can go for Year 3 as No. 1 in the corporate relocations list. We'll see. I just don't know, but this will help...a lot.

We talked about this here: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...26791&st=40 in Mid-July, but what I'm wondering is....where would they build on Carothers? Almost all the land is sold there unless they go pretty far South. If this does come about that would be a pretty neat feather to add to Nashville (area)'s hat. Autos, Music, Healthcare and Candy?? Hmm....HCA and M&M's together...a match made in heaven.

We've landed the headquarters for Mars Candy. The currently Los Angeles based company will be moving into a large amount of acreage in Cool Springs to build a 255,000 sq. foot headquarters building. This will be at the new interchange off Caruthers. People have already started buying houses and the move is imminent.

Do we get free M&Ms now? No kidding, this is really big.

From what I've read, this is no longer a rumor. Maybe we can go for Year 3 as No. 1 in the corporate relocations list. We'll see. I just don't know, but this will help...a lot.

Mpphh!

Not to down play this fantastic new(way to go Nashville/Cool Springs) but from the reports I have read it is only the operations/management of the petfood division that will relocate here followng the aquisition of Doane petfoods. Is this correct or is it the entire corporate HQ moving? I have not been able to verify the entire HQ story.

Thanks

It would be extremely awesome if Mars located in Corporate HQ to Tennessee! Heck, even if its just a division that would be awesome. With Nissan and many other firms putting their stamp of approval on Nashville and Tennessee as a good place to be based out of. Taking that into account, to me it does not seem far fetched that the entire HQ might be looking at Middle Tennessee as a better location to do business from taking the current positive image that Tennessee, and Middle Tennessee in particular, has in the business world.

Not to down play this fantastic new(way to go Nashville/Cool Springs) but from the reports I have read it is only the operations/management of the petfood division that will relocate here followng the aquisition of Doane petfoods. Is this correct or is it the entire corporate HQ moving? I have not been able to verify the entire HQ story.

Thanks

It is my understanding that it is the operations management of the petfood division that is relocating as opposed to the corporate HQ of Mars. Unfortunately I don't have a link handy, but that is what I understand to be the case.

I found Richard's story. It is the petcare division, but hey, there's a lot of dogs and cats out there. But I still want some M&Ms. Sorry for misleading anybody. I should pay more attention.

But hey, 225,000 (not 55) sq feet is a lot of pet food people.

I don't know if this link will work, but the text below the video tells the story pretty much.

http://www.wkrn.com/node/42531#top

• 2 weeks later...

Archived