Bourbon Boys

mzweig

Does anyone know what's going to happen with this space? Just curious. I never cared for Bourbon Boys much--the food wasn't bad but the attitude of the workers stunk and the bar was always dirty. The employees were always more interested in talking to each other than they were the customers. The two guys who owned the place had financial backgrounds. I can't understand how they thought they would get away without paying their taxes!

There have been a number of businesses at this location and it makes one wonder if it is just a fundamentally bad location.

Mark

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Bourbon Boyz was going to be closed for a little while, then reopen.

Maybe that's what's going to happen. It's not usually what happens when a business is closed for not paying its taxes, tho. Usually the only way they get into that jam is 'cause they are losing money and broke. I'll bet that is the case here, but we won't know for sure until either they reopen or another business goes in there.

M

Maybe that's what's going to happen. It's not usually what happens when a business is closed for not paying its taxes, tho. Usually the only way they get into that jam is 'cause they are losing money and broke. I'll bet that is the case here, but we won't know for sure until either they reopen or another business goes in there.

M

Yeah, I thought I remember reading an article in the Gazette about how the it was closed due to tax trouble, but that it was planning on opening back up.

Powerhouse is somewhat near by yes. I have noticed seeing commercials from them so I'm guessing things are starting to get better for them. For quite a while I thought they were about to go under. A lot of their payroll checks started bouncing last year. I've always wondered if being a bit off of Dickson hurts them. It is a bit hard to see and isn't very visible.

Powerhouse is somewhat near by yes. I have noticed seeing commercials from them so I'm guessing things are starting to get better for them. For quite a while I thought they were about to go under. A lot of their payroll checks started bouncing last year. I've always wondered if being a bit off of Dickson hurts them. It is a bit hard to see and isn't very visible.

Good point, Mith. I actually owned a house in Fayetteville for almost a year and didn't know Powerhouse even existed! It is off the beaten path. That said, it's not bad. It's not great, and it's not bad. Do we need more restaurants around here--especially good ones? YES!

Good point, Mith. I actually owned a house in Fayetteville for almost a year and didn't know Powerhouse even existed! It is off the beaten path. That said, it's not bad. It's not great, and it's not bad. Do we need more restaurants around here--especially good ones? YES!

Do you have any particular suggestions? :D

Do you have any particular suggestions? :D

Suggestions on what's good here in F-ville or what I would like to see? I like independents better than chains. Chain-wise, I love Houston's(best chain restaurant, period) and PF Changs, and also like The Cheesecake Factory. In Fayetteville I like the 36 Club (makes me feel like in in San Francisco), Bordino's (it has slipped a tiny bit with their new gorgeous facility, and James at the Mill (too far out, the chef is an egomaniac but it's good). Cheaper eats here in town I like Thai Diner, The new Gonazales Mexican restaurant (it's in a Chinese restaurant but food is good!), Penguin Ed's (in-town location), Hugo's, Brenda's better burgers, and.....I dunno. What about you?

Suggestions on what's good here in F-ville or what I would like to see? I like independents better than chains. Chain-wise, I love Houston's(best chain restaurant, period) and PF Changs, and also like The Cheesecake Factory. In Fayetteville I like the 36 Club (makes me feel like in in San Francisco), Bordino's (it has slipped a tiny bit with their new gorgeous facility, and James at the Mill (too far out, the chef is an egomaniac but it's good). Cheaper eats here in town I like Thai Diner, The new Gonazales Mexican restaurant (it's in a Chinese restaurant but food is good!), Penguin Ed's (in-town location), Hugo's, Brenda's better burgers, and.....I dunno. What about you?

I was meaning more on what you'd like to see come to Fayetteville. As far as the chains go I think Rogers or Bentonville might end up with a better shot at some of those. As far as what I like, there's three places I frequent often. La Huerta, The Flying Burrito and Qdoba. I'm all about the Mexican food. :lol:

I am glad to see that you like the new Gonzales Mexican restaurant. I helped get them going in there. It is in the old Lin's Chinese building on College.

I am glad to see that you like the new Gonzales Mexican restaurant. I helped get them going in there. It is in the old Lin's Chinese building on College.

Maybe I need to go check them out sometime. Anyone have anything in particular they'd like to say about them? How would they compare to something like La Huerta? Is there anything I should try there in particular?

Maybe I need to go check them out sometime. Anyone have anything in particular they'd like to say about them? How would they compare to something like La Huerta? Is there anything I should try there in particular?

I like La Huerta but they are more of a traditional Mexican restaurant. Gonzales has good bacon wrapped shrimp, good fajitas, good shrimp salad, and some other things. Plus, they are cheap!

One problem is their AC. It's not cold enough in there for me!

M

Gonzales eh, I'll have to try that out the next time I'm in Fayetteville.

I saw Osuerga's yesterday. I think it was off College. I didn't realize the building was that nice. Has anyone ate there?

Yeah, I've been there once. It was actually pretty good, and I am very picky on Mexican restaurants. About the only ones I ever eat at are the La Huertas...or should I say drink? Good Margaritas!

Yeah Oseguerra's is pretty good. I do tend to go to La Huerta most times. But at Oseguerra's you can also get some more upscale selections as well than the standard Mexican food. But I'm not sure if everyone would think of all of it as 'Mexican' food.

Archived