Carpooling in Saginaw County

wolverine

Driving to and from work, I noticed that the carpool lot at the I-75/Dixie Hwy Interchange is overflowed with cars. It's not minor, it's insane. There's vehicles parked on the overpass embankment as well. A few cars are 100 feet off the pavement when I pass the lot around 5:15 pm. I know that carpool lot has always been popular, but I'm pleased to see Saginaw County residents are embracing smart commuting options to help save gas and reduce traffic on I-75. I wonder if STARS might create another park n' ride stop for an express commute route along Genesee ave. linking Delphi, downtown Saginaw, West Saginaw, and then the final stop somewhere near the mall?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My grandparents lived in Birch Run and commuted to AC Sparkplug-Flint East for over 20 years and for their last 6 years at AC they moved to their lakehouse permantely which was on Wixom Lake, something like 13 or 14 miles from Beaverton, 20 miles North of Midland and a whopping 85 miles to Flint East. I used to beotch and complain because I live 25 miles to work. I couldn't even imagin driving over 160 miles a day to work. Now I'm glad that I can ride my bike to work, a whole 2.8 miles away.

My wife does the Millington to downtown Flint drive everyday. I think the only time she misses Flint is when she is running late she liked being 4 minutes from work. And Millington to Pontiac is not big deal. I'm a second shifter so heading in at 2 in the afternoon and getting out at midnight is pretty smooth overtime I'm out at 2am and I love that. Jump 75 and set the cruise to 90 and turn the stereo up. It's a great ride to work in the summer but I hate it in the winter. Now this year I've spent alot of time at UAW/GM in downtown Detroit that's a fun drive it's almost like leaving the state. I guess the drive is the price you pay to feel like your on vacation everyday. Here is a quick shot of part of the Orchard. It's a mix of Ida Red and Granny Smith Apple trees with cherry and pear trees mixed in.

2004_0116hfd0002.jpg

You live in Millington?

To answer you question yes I live in Millington. And Millington beat Mt Morris tonight 6-0 it was not a pretty win but a win none the less.

Just wait until you play Frankenmuth. Actually, I don't know how good they are right now. I just used to go to high school in Frankenmuth and played football there all 4 years. Millington was our big rival.

We killed Caro Thursday and I have a feeling North Banch at Millington will be an easy win. I thought the Mt Morris Millington game was fun. Mt Morris is my wifes school. Millington my daugthers. So my wife has to figure out where her alliances lie in those games someday with my son. I won't have to worry about it Millington will never play my high school. I went to Avondale.

Archived