Nashville unaffected by housing slowdown

smeagolsfree

This form the City paper this morning. Nashville is not being affected by the latest slow down in housing. This is great news. I like the fact that they note many of the DT condo conversions were sold to existing residents and the Virdian has a waiting list of 85.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?se...p;news_id=51761

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a funny article...lol

The article recounts what I am hearing down here, th emarket is smoking and a lot of the new demand is all the new arrivals from Arizona, California and Michigan.

My only concern is that economics are like a pendelum swinging back and forth. The higher we swing on the upside.... the harder we fall on the downside. I hope that all this growth can continue at a moderate pace without an economic slowdown, and I think we will benefit by being in an affordable sun belt location.

My only concern is that economics are like a pendelum swinging back and forth. The higher we swing on the upside.... the harder we fall on the downside. I hope that all this growth can continue at a moderate pace without an economic slowdown, and I think we will benefit by being in an affordable sun belt location.

I have some concern too, especially if the collapse occurs before we reach what I consider "critical build-out"---when some of these neighborhoods can be self-sustaining. I think that the cushion is there, though, especially in DT and the surrounding areas because that type of market has previously been so underserved.

I believe the Nashville median home price is $181,000 which is in my oppinion why so many people want to move to Nashville. People from larger cities are moving to Nashville because the housing is very affordable compared to where they're from. + midsized cities through out the nation are starting to offer ammenities that big cities have. The one downside to that is Nashville might lose it's small town in a city charm. Even Williamson county which is the most expensive county to buy a house at in TN is fairly cheap compared to NV, FL, CA, NY.

Archived