Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigboyz05

Steam train to come through Texarkana

9 posts in this topic

The Spirit of Louisiana also known as Southern Pacific steam locomotive 745 will roll through Texarkana, on the KCS line around 8:30 a.m., on it's way back to New Orleans after being in the KC area for several months. Built in 1921, it's the lone surviving steam locomotive built in Louisiana. At one time it was displayed in Audubon Park. Once it arrives in Shreveport it will stay there from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. on Sunday before heading toward New Orleans.

The Spirit of Louisiana also known as Southern Pacific steam locomotive 745 will roll through Texarkana, on the KCS line around 8:30 a.m., on it's way back to New Orleans after being in the KC area for several months. Built in 1921, it's the lone surviving steam locomotive built in Louisiana. At one time it was displayed in Audubon Park. Once it arrives in Shreveport it will stay there from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. on Sunday before heading toward New Orleans.

Very cool. I read about this in the Shreveport Times earlier this week, and I wish I were going to be in Shreveport when it comes through. I'll be in Texas, though not in Texarkana.

Hey Darius, there's an old steam locomotive permanently on display at Ford Park in Shreveport. I don't know if you ever saw that while you lived here? But while Ford Park isn't exactly the safest place to visit, the train is cool to see.

The next time I'm in Shreveport I'll be sure to check it out.

If anyone is in the area of it take some pics. :D

If anyone is in the area of it take some pics. :D

That would be nice, maybe Darius will be able to do that? I wish I were planning on being in town when it comes through but I'm not.

That would be nice, maybe Darius will be able to do that? I wish I were planning on being in town when it comes through but I'm not.

Thanks, Bigboyz...wish I could be there to see that.

I LOOOOOOOOVE Ark-La-Tex railroading... :)

Thanks, Bigboyz...wish I could be there to see that.

I LOOOOOOOOVE Ark-La-Tex railroading... :)

Next time I'm down in Pine Bluff I'll try to stop by the Cotton Belt Railroad Museum down there an see if I can get you any pics.

Next time I'm down in Pine Bluff I'll try to stop by the Cotton Belt Railroad Museum down there an see if I can get you any pics.

Thanks, Mith...I also enjoyed the "street running" the Cotton Belt/MoPac trains used to do on their joint mainline in downtown PB (though I'm guessing local residents didn't always care for it too much).

Hey KJW! I once took the Amtrak train from here in Texarkana to Los Angeles. It was a very nice experience. My only complaint is that the food was way too expensive.