Visa to Canada

Weltenbummler

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did somebody know, how to get a Visa for Canada?

Your profile doesn't say where you live, but it does say you're most active in the Europe forums, so I'll assume you live somewhere in Europe. There should be a Canadian Embassy in your nation's capital. I'm sure you can obtain an application for a visa from them if you want to visit Canada for a long period. For a short period a passport should be sufficient.

Your profile doesn't say where you live, but it does say you're most active in the Europe forums, so I'll assume you live somewhere in Europe. There should be a Canadian Embassy in your nation's capital. I'm sure you can obtain an application for a visa from them if you want to visit Canada for a long period. For a short period a passport should be sufficient.

Wow... Thanks! ....I'll guess, my English isn't that bad though, and you're first must figured, I'am in the

US of A.

Anyhow.... born in Germany, raised up in Germany, spoke enough English to order a "Burger" at BK when I

came into the US.

Now I live in the "Land der Verzauberung" (Land of Enchantment) which is New Mexico.

Canadian Embassy

501 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC

Telephone: 202/682-1740

I Will call them this week!

Thanks...

• 8 months later...

Actually the main office for US processing of Temporary Work Permits, Visitors VISAS, and Permanent Residency Applications is the Buffalo, NY office. Unfortunately the new Conservative government has made cutbacks in the immigration department so you have to do all filing through Buffalo, and also the process now takes months longer for permanent residency. The good news is that they did cut the price in half of the landing fee to $550 CDN.

I hope to move to Canada ultimately, and settle in Toronto. GOOD LUCK!

Wow... Thanks! ....I'll guess, my English isn't that bad though, and you're first must figured, I'am in the

US of A.

Anyhow.... born in Germany, raised up in Germany, spoke enough English to order a "Burger" at BK when I

came into the US.

Now I live in the "Land der Verzauberung" (Land of Enchantment) which is New Mexico.

Canadian Embassy

501 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC

Telephone: 202/682-1740

I Will call them this week!

Thanks...

• 2 months later...

My application for work permit didn't process as intended so I am still here in the US. I may try to do a permanent residency application as a last resort, and just see where this goes.

In the mean time I've moved west to Portland, Oregon to check out a different vibe here in the US. Maybe I'll find what I'm looking for here, so I won't be moving to Canada afterall? Who knows. This region is certainly a breath of fresh air compared with what I'm used to.

Archived