West Columbia, Cayce & Downtown Lexington

krazeeboi

• 1 year later...

I just noticed the sign on the old New Orleans River Front Restaurant (in West Columbia)- it seems to indicate that a new restaurant will be opening there. Has anyone heard anything about this, or is it an older sign that I just never saw before? What an ideal spot for a good restaurant, right on the river. Hope it has good food - it could be a real destination place to eat.

I just noticed the sign on the old New Orleans River Front Restaurant (in West Columbia)- it seems to indicate that a new restaurant will be opening there. Has anyone heard anything about this, or is it an older sign that I just never saw before? What an ideal spot for a good restaurant, right on the river. Hope it has good food - it could be a real destination place to eat.

What does the sign say?

• 1 year later...

LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC — A new apartment complex is coming to a premier setting on Cayce’s riverfront.

Plans for a complex of about 230 units near the Blossom Street bridge have received initial approval from Cayce City Council.

The site provides a prime view both of the Congaree River and the skyline of downtown Columbia to the east.

The project would extend along Knox Abbott Drive from Axtell Drive to the city’s Riverwalk, replacing Monterrey Mexican Restaurant and the Riverside Inn, which are across the street from Guignard Park.

Construction on the complex likely will begin sometime in the fall, said project developer Hunter Gibson, of One Eleven Apartments LLC.

“It’s a vibrant spot and Cayce really has some exciting initiatives they have planned for the next couple years,” he said. “We think it’s a good corridor and one that’s underserved.”

http://www.thestate.com/2014/05/22/3462216/new-apartments-coming-to-cayce.html?sp=%2F99%2F205%2F&ihp=1 

This looks the Idea West Columbia had with Rivertown. less see how this turns out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Those are awesome! I just wonder if there's a market for it.

Good question.  The townhomes on the Columbia side across from EdVenture seemed to have sold quickly.  These will have an amazing view and access to the riverwalk, not to mention walking distance to some great restaurants on State Street (aka West Vista).  My only concern is the proximity to the chicken plant, which has got to go.

• Like 1

It looks like the site at State and Meeting Streets, across the Gervais Street Bridge, may get a mixed use development. While it's more important that the Vista and downtown get developed, this is another important gateway for the city. I wouldn't mind seeing some great project crop up along the river. 

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article17806064.html

It looks like the site at State and Meeting Streets, across the Gervais Street Bridge, may get a mixed use development. While it's more important that the Vista and downtown get developed, this is another important gateway for the city. I wouldn't mind seeing some great project crop up along the river. 

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article17806064.html

Is Rivertown finally being looked into. I remember there was a plan for this land awhile back.

• 2 weeks later...

WIS News just reported some details on the proposed development on Meeting St in West Columbia. It is to be called "Brookland", and will encompass housing, retail, and walking/biking paths. They said to keep an eye on their website, and that their 11:00 report should have more detail (hopefully some renderings).

• Like 2