Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boricuaso

DRIVING IN PUERTO RICO

14 posts in this topic

I swear some parts of San Juan looks a lot like Honolulu. Another good reason why they are officially sister cities! ;)

I swear some parts of San Juan looks a lot like Honolulu. Another good reason why they are officially sister cities! ;)

Puerto Rico and its metro area are very cosmopolitan, but most of the people when you mention Puerto Rico

all they think about is palms trees and beaches.

]

Oh I lived in Aiea(suburb of Honolulu) and yes San Juan is a lot like Honolulu but its freeways are way bigger,many more cars and people are more agressive while driving...

Thing I liked bout Hawaii is that theres no traffic congestion like over here in PR.

^How long ago was that? Cause its quite ridiculous now, well from the last time i visited in December. The city is finally serious about rail to hopefully get more people out of their cars during the work week.

I lived in Aiea till December 12,2005

If you say traffic over there is ridiculous,I suggest you never come to Puerto Rico :P

No,I just went to live there for a couple of months..I was living with my cousin,hes in the Army.

It was Aiea Heights,I studied in Aiea High School.I lived there for a pretty short time...

^I lived near Ala Moana last. I really liked the area because i was close to everything like the beach, downtown, Waikiki, etc and even work, which i walked to! :D

Yup Waikiki is amazing,looks alot like Isla Verde(in PR).I felt almost like home over there :)

Oh I lived in Aiea(suburb of Honolulu) and yes San Juan is a lot like Honolulu but its freeways are way bigger,many more cars and people are more agressive while driving...

Thing I liked bout Hawaii is that theres no traffic congestion like over here in PR.

Great pics!

Trivia: Those freeways in PR are actually technically part of the US interstate highway system, like the freeways in Hawaii - they just aren't signed as interstates...

Yes, driving in PR is fun. And it's cool that it's part of the U.S. Interstate system though the signs are all in Spanish. However, what's really a treat is driving on the LEFT in the U.S. Virgin Islands. That takes some getting used to!