THE FUTURE IS HERE FOR PUERTO RICO,

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this is really good news for the city. I hope that the creation of all those jobs will be able to retain Puerto Rico's talent from leaving and moving to places like NYC and possibly attract people back to the island. Hawaii has a similar push to attract the talent/residents that it lost back in the 90s which number in the thousands to the US Mainland especially now that the unemployment rates are near record lows.

^What does Mayaguez look like? One of my best friends is originally from there but he moved to Florida.

BTW, I wish there was a comprehensive list of all the projects going on in PR. I started a list for San Juan but i know its not complete.

BTW i'm really glad you guys are here to post stuff about PR. :)

Well,its the most important city in Western Puerto Rico and of the big puerto rican cities its the less-developed one.It has a very high percentage of old people(Western PR has a high percentage of old people),not as much young people as in the rest of PR.

One thing I hate about PR,people protest against development..against malls,roads,urbanizations,etc.(even more in West PR)

That's because almost every project planned to build, affects the ecosystem, beaches, mountains, rivers etc. I'm against building CERTAIN hotels at the beaches, exept in condado, that place is already damaged ....

I also think that there are too many malls in Puerto Rico. Almost every municipality have more than 1 mall. There's no need of new ones yet.

Now, I'm in favor of building new office and residential skyscrapers, and less cheap urbanizations (asi se dice?, corrijanme si lo digo mal).

Defenetly PR needs more skyscrapers and less urbanizations but people here still protest about anything.Well I'd love to see a Best Buy,Costco,Target and many other stores over here in Mayaguez cause we definitely need them..

Other: The Government should change the name of the Tren Urbano to San Juan Metro,I think it would be a better name for it.

Are there height limits in San Juan? Also, how are the emergency shelters? I know that in Hawaii they are really in need of upgrading, although, hurricanes and tidal waves are uncommon Hawaii is overdue for a natural disaster and i think it will do a lot of damage.

Rican427, sometimes preserving is good especially on island environments and chain stores can be devistating to locally grown businesses. But of course our society seems to be based on competition and if you can't compete you get shut down.

As for me i don't like all the newer housing developments going on in Honolulu, Maui and the Big Island because it's mostly suburban sprawl and eating up precious agricultural land, thus making the islands more import-dependent and less and less self-sustaining. Sometimes i think people need a slap on the head because eventually they are going to run out of land at the pace they are developing. I'd rather people change their mind sets and build more mixed use highrises in town where most people work.

Archived