Bridge Street Bars

civitas

BTW: Frank's Gym looks very cool with the punching bags hanging in the windows. And if the Monte's/O'Tooles owners were denied an expansion into the building between the two, what are they doing with that building? Somebody's working on it.

One building is going to be the Architect/Design firm that I believe did the renovation at Montes. The old Antique store as far as I know is still for sale. I just noticed Sunday that the old Red Lion is now for sale as well.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The discussion about catching cabs is funny. In fact (OK not fact just my experience), just try catching a cab in any of the big bar districts in Chicago at night. You'll wait at least 10 minutes if not longer. You usually have to go to a side street and hope you find a stray cab.

I think when Bridge Street gets to the point where at 2 AM, throngs of people spill out into the sidewalks and streets and create almost a "block party" atmosphere, it will then start to greatly affect future development in that area.

BTW: Frank's Gym looks very cool with the punching bags hanging in the windows. And if the Monte's/O'Tooles owners were denied an expansion into the building between the two, what are they doing with that building? Somebody's working on it.

Sounds like a good place for a condo or hotel development. Although they definitely would not be able to advertise a "family friendly atmosphere" :alc:

Archived