Hobbies

Mith242

Just thought I'd see if anyone wanted to share some hobbies or things they're into. I think most people on here know I'm pretty big into photography. Maybe I should claim UP as a hobby seeing how many posts I have on here. :lol: I also get a lot into other cultures. Music and history of different areas and so on. I know some of you have even mentioned things before. Now I'm giving you a chance to tell us more about it. I guess I should follow my reccomendation and explain more about my hobby of photography. I've always enjoyed taking pictures. My family didn't really like travelling a lot when I was young. But luckily we lived in a state like Arkansas where there is a really nice state park system. I think seeing this when I was young is what helped get me into photgraphy. To be honest I never thought a whole lot about it but I noticed more and more people seemed to like some of my pics. I began to realize that maybe even though I've never really taken any classes or studied it that maybe I had developed a little skill over the years. :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like learning about other cultures as well Mith. I've been getting into Caribbeann culture, where I've been listening to music and such. I also like to weighlift three times a week.

I was expecting you to respond but here I thought you'd mention pottery. Although I guess that isn't a hobby for you at the moment. I admit I haven't looked too much into Carribean culture yet. But I'm still slowly working my way around the world. I'm currently in the Middle East and North Africa. I haven't decided to eventually procede into India or head over into sub-Saharan Africa.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In my spare time, I practice my banjo. I'm very interested in Bluegrass/Folk music, and have been for the past few years. I finally came up with the money to buy a banjo this past fall and I love it.

I also like to cook. I started learning by working in a few different restaurants, and I was a chef's assistant for one summer. When I have time, I like to try new recipes and make things from scratch. Of coruse, I prefer Southern-style cooking, and love using the iron skillet. I also just plain like to eat. My wife and I love to try new restaurants whenever we can.

I travel when I have money, but I've never been out of the country.

Um, I'm also a big fan of marching bands. I was in the Razorback Band this past fall, and marched with the UCA Bear Band for about 4 years. I've retired from that, though. I'm just a spectator.

I like reading wikipedia. Just whatever strikes my interest at the time, wikipedia has something about it.

I also love Apple Computers. That's not really a hobby.

In my spare time, I practice my banjo. I'm very interested in Bluegrass/Folk music, and have been for the past few years. I finally came up with the money to buy a banjo this past fall and I love it.

I also like to cook. I started learning by working in a few different restaurants, and I was a chef's assistant for one summer. When I have time, I like to try new recipes and make things from scratch. Of coruse, I prefer Southern-style cooking, and love using the iron skillet. I also just plain like to eat. My wife and I love to try new restaurants whenever we can.

I travel when I have money, but I've never been out of the country.

Um, I'm also a big fan of marching bands. I was in the Razorback Band this past fall, and marched with the UCA Bear Band for about 4 years. I've retired from that, though. I'm just a spectator.

I like reading wikipedia. Just whatever strikes my interest at the time, wikipedia has something about it.

I also love Apple Computers. That's not really a hobby.

As most of you know, I do listen to a lot of Trance music. There's not a whole lot of support for it here in NWA, except for may'be Fayetteville at some of the clubs. Anywho, I am an amatuer DJ right now and I hope to be DJing within a few years.

I like music, joined a music frat in college because my tuba section leader told me to. I was in the RMB as well.

I like mountain biking even though I haven't been in a while.

Probably more than anything keeping up with sports is my main hobby.

I love beer. When I say love I mean I love the experience of trying something new and different. I've come to appreciate the complexities good beer has to offer.

Also, when I get a chance I love Simcity 4

I like music, joined a music frat in college because my tuba section leader told me to. I was in the RMB as well.

I like mountain biking even though I haven't been in a while.

Probably more than anything keeping up with sports is my main hobby.

I love beer. When I say love I mean I love the experience of trying something new and different. I've come to appreciate the complexities good beer has to offer.

Also, when I get a chance I love Simcity 4

Wit Biers, American Style Wheats, Pale Ales both American and English, Brown Ales, some porters and stouts

Basically anything good that isn't a lager, but mainly ales

I just had Little Rock's own Diamond Bear Pale Ale - love it.

How about brewers I love... Avery, Boulevard, New Belgium, New Glarus ahh its too hard to list because I forget.

I do Brewskis on Wednesday nights, thats when I mainly get to try something new or when something new catches my eye at Spirit Shop.

Wit Biers, American Style Wheats, Pale Ales both American and English, Brown Ales, some porters and stouts

How about brewers I love... Avery, Boulevard, New Belgium, New Glarus ahh its too hard to list because I forget.

I do Brewskis on Wednesday nights, thats when I mainly get to try something new or when something new catches my eye at Spirit Shop.

Ditto!

For me...reading (lots and lots), music (just about everything), film (classics, independents and international), hiking, broadcasting my ill-informed opinions on various online forums... I play guitar and bass, so I do that some daily; it's a great way to get rid of whatever aggravation 8 (or more) hours of gainful employment generates. My geeky goal for 2007 is to see how many different countries' literature I can read at least one book from...

Ditto!

For me...reading (lots and lots), music (just about everything), film (classics, independents and international), hiking, broadcasting my ill-informed opinions on various online forums... I play guitar and bass, so I do that some daily; it's a great way to get rid of whatever aggravation 8 (or more) hours of gainful employment generates. My geeky goal for 2007 is to see how many different countries' literature I can read at least one book from...

I just noticed this topic!

Weather is my main hobby! Back in college I used to storm chase quite-a-bit but I don't have too much time to do that anymore just a few times a year now. I also love football, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and KC Chiefs, but I will watch just about anyone. I also enjoy watching movies, playing Texas Hold'em, drinking beer, and messing with my home theater.

I also like keeping up with developments in Fayetteville and all of NWA. I would have to say that UP has become kind of a hobby for me as well.

Archived