Football Predictions

BHCav

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I missed this thread. I got here too late. What a great 1st weekend of College Football.

I won the spread of 7 points with Notre Dame/ Ga.Tech. I figured it would be close. Vandy played Michigan tough. Tennessee smacked Cal.

The SEC is the best conference IMO.

Canes and Noles !!! What a GREAT Labor Day match-up !!!

Sorry I missed this thread. I got here too late. What a great 1st weekend of College Football.

I won the spread of 7 points with Notre Dame/ Ga.Tech. I figured it would be close. Vandy played Michigan tough. Tennessee smacked Cal.

UAB did great against Oklahoma.

Here are my week two predictions. I'm not gonna give scores, cause I stink at that. Just who'll win and who won't.

(13) Louisville over Temple

Wake Forrest over Duke

(17) V Tech over North Carolina

(14) Michigan over Central Michigan

Ole Miss over Missouri

(4) Auburn over Mississippi State

(5) West VA over Eastern Washington

(20) Nebraska over Nicholls State

Alabama over Vandi

(18) Clemson over Boston College

Virginia over Wyoming

Oklahoma over Washington

(16) Iowa over Syracuse

(19) Penn State over (2) Notre Dame

G Tech over Samford

(7) Florida over UCF

(11) FSU over Troy

Arkansas over Utah State

Bowling Green over Buffalo

(8) LSU over Arizona

(23) Tennessee over Air Force

(12) Miami-Florida over Florida A&M

(9) Cal over Minn.

University of Ala. at Birmingham over East Carolina

(15) Georgia over South Carolina

(3) Texas over (1) Ohio State

(25) Texas Tech over UTEP

(24) Arizona State over Nevada

(21) Oregon over Fresno State

UCLA over Rice

Whew, I'm glad that game is over, I'm not sure why for the past few years that whoever gets 13 pts wins this game.

Nice seeing California failing to show up, definetly didn't get that right.

Nonetheless, here are my picks for week 2.

ND over PSU, playing Akron wont do any favors for PSU as ND is battle ready, plus game is at home.

24-13.

OSU over UT, first real game for the rookie Texas QB. Teddy Ginn will make his second Heisman statement with the OSU D allowing this game to stay close.

OSU 28 - TX 24.

Its sad this is all there is as far as big matchups, and kudos to Richmond, Montana ST and Portland St for knocking off D1 teams Duke, Colorado, and New Mexico respectively.

Whew, I'm glad that game is over, I'm not sure why for the past few years that whoever gets 13 pts wins this game.

Nice seeing California failing to show up, definetly didn't get that right.

Nonetheless, here are my picks for week 2.

ND over PSU, playing Akron wont do any favors for PSU as ND is battle ready, plus game is at home.

24-13.

OSU over UT, first real game for the rookie Texas QB. Teddy Ginn will make his second Heisman statement with the OSU D allowing this game to stay close.

OSU 28 - TX 24.

Its sad this is all there is as far as big matchups, and kudos to Richmond, Montana ST and Portland St for knocking off D1 teams Duke, Colorado, and New Mexico respectively.

I'm really torn, as far as Ohio State and Texas go. I really can't decide which would win. But I think Texas has more of a chance than Ohio.

Here are my week two predictions. I'm not gonna give scores, cause I stink at that. Just who'll win and who won't.

(19) Penn State over (2) Notre Dame

(3) Texas over (1) Ohio State

I shortened it down to the only two predictions in the lot. The others were mainly the early easy non-conference matches. The only exception may be Cal and Minnesota. Cal should win, if they decide to tackle, but it might be a good game to watch.

From what I saw, I think that you are right on both of those. It might change, if ND's O gets going. They were very lucky in a well fight matchup with GT.

Great topic yall!

I agree, ND is battle tested and should more than ready for Penn State.

I figured Ga.Tech would battle them close.

I'm torn myself with #1 Ohio State vs. #2 Texas. It should be alot like like year where it went down-to-the-wire. Garrett Wolfe is one bad little dude; also had 114 recieving yards on top of the 170 rushing against the Buckeyes..

jdkacz that's a good prediction for the game. :thumbsup:

I shortened it down to the only two predictions in the lot. The others were mainly the early easy non-conference matches. The only exception may be Cal and Minnesota. Cal should win, if they decide to tackle, but it might be a good game to watch.

From what I saw, I think that you are right on both of those. It might change, if ND's O gets going. They were very lucky in a well fight matchup with GT.

I don't know, it's very possible, but I still don't see it happening. Sometimes, it does take a bit for a football team to get up to full speed, but, that usually doesn't happen by the second game, but, it's possible.

GoodNews, I got some "bad news"...it wasn't even close . ND rocked PSU 41-10 and Ohio State stuffed the Horns 24-7.

Yea, that one really surprised me. I expected Notre Dame to run all over Penn State. But oh well, I guess everyone can be wrong.

But, the game that amazed me the most this past week was the Troy vs. FSU game. Truely awesome.

GoodNews, I got some "bad news"...it wasn't even close . ND rocked PSU 41-10 and Ohio State stuffed the Horns 24-7.

0 FOR 2 I went, but thats the first time that happen in a long time. Richyb just wait until this week. The games last weekends showed me alot about the teams I thought were good, but are very shaky.

^GREAT SHOTS! targo Thanks Is that the largest stadium capacity in the country?

So true goodnews. We are starting to see the cream of the crop rise to the top. ND was impressive as was Ohio State.

What a GREAT WEEKEND THIS WILL BE !!!

"Showdown Saturday". Sept. 16th

*Michigan @ Notre Dame

*Florida @ Tennessee

*Miami @ Louisville

*Nebraska @ USC

**** LSU @ Auburn***

Prediction #6 LSU-21 #3 Auburn-20

It's gonna be WAR!!!

^GREAT SHOTS! targo Thanks Is that the largest stadium capacity in the country?

So true goodnews. We are starting to see the cream of the crop rise to the top. ND was impressive as was Ohio State.

What a GREAT WEEKEND THIS WILL BE !!!

"Showdown Saturday". Sept. 16th

*Michigan @ Notre Dame

*Florida @ Tennessee

*Miami @ Louisville

*Nebraska @ USC

**** LSU @ Auburn***

Prediction #6 LSU-21 #3 Auburn-20

It's gonna be WAR!!!

My pics,

Michigan by 7(just a hunch)

Tennessee by 12(had sloppy win against a mediocre Air Force team which usually follows with a big game against a good team)

Louisville by 21 (Louisville has it going on)

USC (just a guess)

Some huge games in the SEC this weekend:

#7 Florida vs #11 Tennessee

#6 LSU vs #3 Auburn

LSU vs Auburn is always an awesome game, and this year will probably be no different. I'm almost 100% sure that the winner of this game will end up becoming the SEC West Champion, just like it happened in '00, '02, '03, '04, and '05.

Some huge games in the SEC this weekend:

#7 Florida vs #11 Tennessee

#6 LSU vs #3 Auburn

LSU vs Auburn is always an awesome game, and this year will probably be no different. I'm almost 100% sure that the winner of this game will end up becoming the SEC West Champion, just like it happened in '00, '02, '03, '04, and '05.

I don't think that Auburn'll get past LSU. LSU got Bama down last year when they were third. I'm lookin for a repeat here. Though, you're right about the SEC West Champion. It'll either be LSU, Auburn, or Bama as West.

Archived