Football Predictions

BHCav

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^now 37-21. I haven't seen all of it, but from what I can see it looks like ND's lack of running game and not-so-good defense is being exposed again.

BTW, Hogs won by 1 in 2OT. Though we probably shouldn't have, seeing as how Alabama's kicker missed a PAT and 3 easy field goals... but he's a freshman walk-on, just like ours. Mustain wasn't pretty, but he made the winning TD pass. At least he wasn't pulled like Stafford was in Georgia (though that seemed to work for them).

Wow, what a comeback by ND, unbelievable!

Heartful condolenences to all the Alabama fans, that has to be tough to have two missed FG's and a missed PAT in OT. Otherwise the top 10 all won their games this weekend.

Biggest game next week is a pair of undefeated Big 10 teams in OSU vs Iowa. That should set the stage for the Big 10 race.

Here are my predictions for the schools in Bama.

Florida over Alabama, but, I think Alabama has a pretty good chance. Judging by their game against Arkansas, it appears that Wilson is improving. The offense needs to step it up still to get past Florida's improved defense. FLA's offense is still awesome, but, Bama's graduation weakened defense should hold up OK. As long as Christiansen is in the game, it should be pretty interesting to watch.

Auburn over South Carolina, pretty straight forward.

UAB over Troy I think that'll be pretty close. It's hard to call it. Troy bombed with Nebraska proving that their game against FSU was infact a fluke. They still stand a good chance against UAB. But, UAB has been rather strong this year, especially against Oklahoma, and Miss State.

UAB was actually favored by 10 this past weekend vs. Miss State; but lost. And Tulane beat Miss.State. You can never tell, bec. UAB will probably beat Tulane later this season. That's what makes college football so interesting.

RB-Kenny Irons got some needed rest/heal-up last Sat. when Auburn played Buffalo. He will be ready to play his ex-team So.Carolina (where he was 3rd string;then transfered) Thursday night.

UAB was actually favored by 10 this past weekend vs. Miss State; but lost. And Tulane beat Miss.State. You can never tell, bec. UAB will probably beat Tulane later this season. That's what makes college football so interesting.

Yea, UAB was beating Miss State at the very beginning. They only lost by 6. They've been doin real good this year.

Big games in Big 10 country this weekend.

Iowa over OSU, first big upset for the BCS this season.

ND over Purdue, Purdue which gave up nearly 500 yards to Minnesota wont face an easier test at ND which will blow this one out early.

Michigan over Minn as Michigan makes a run to go undefeated before their rivalry game against MSU.

Well, Ohio State won pretty easily. USC struggled more than I wanted them to, especially on defense. I would never have guessed that Washington St would actually have a shot to win at the end. And it looks lije Michigan State has officially gone into "Michigan State" mode, losing to Illinois, 23-30.

I got all my predictions right this week making my record 14-5. :D

Torgo, it looks like if USC doesn't stumble, we could have quite the game to finish the season eh?

I would hope USC brings their C game when they play ND at home, b/c we can't stop anyone's passing attack.

No kidding! Allthough, USC has a pretty tough stretch to finish the season. They finish their season with games against #14 Oregon, #20 Cal, #12 Notre Dame and UCLA. Luckily, three of them are at home, but I would still be surprised if they face Notre Dame undefeated.

No kidding! Allthough, USC has a pretty tough stretch to finish the season. They finish their season with games against #14 Oregon, #20 Cal, #12 Notre Dame and UCLA. Luckliy, the three of them are at home, but I would still be surprised if they face Notre Dame undefeated.

I think Oregon will be the team that beats them if it happes. My predictions for next week's games.

LSU over Florida 17-13

Texas over OU 21-16

Tennessee over Georgia 28-10

Oregon over Cal 35-17

These are some biggies that will certainly clarify the title picture this weekend. And I guess it wouldnt be fair to pick ND over Stanford eh :)?

Thanks torgo. Yeah everybody seems to think LSU/Florida is going to be "low" scoring. The highest scoring I could see might be 20-17, of course LSU. Wow on the Longhorn rout!

I'm not trying to be bias, but I believe 3 of the Top 6 teams in college football are in the SEC.

Thanks torgo. Yeah everybody seems to think LSU/Florida is going to be "low" scoring. The highest scoring I could see might be 20-17, of course LSU. Wow on the Longhorn rout!

I'm not trying to be bias, but I believe 3 of the Top 6 teams in college football are in the SEC.

What about now... (UA over AU 27-10) Auburn overrated, or perhaps Arkansas underrated? Or just SEC parity?

It's the parity of the SEC. Alot of good teams; not sure how many great teams?

It was just Arkansas day! Congrats to them, they took care of business in Auburn. I wish RB- McFadden would have been 100% healthy for the USC game. He sure looked great today.

#13)Tennessee leads #10)Georgia 44-33 mid-way thru the 4th qtr; the highest scoring game for those two against each other ever.

Archived