Football Predictions

BHCav

I agree about Boise State. While it's not out of the realm of possibility I just don't see them beating the top teams out there. Oklahoma certainly isn't a bad team but I still don't see them as one of this year's powerhouse teams either. If Boise State were in a harder confereance then we'd have a better idea of just how good they are.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Boise's ranking is where they should be. While they are undefeated, look who they played:

Sacramento State W 45-0

(21)Oregon State W 42-14

Wyoming W 17-10

Hawaii W 41-34

Utah W 36-3

Louisiana Tech W 55-14

New Mexico State W 40-28

Idaho W 42-26

Fresno State W 45-21

San Jose State W 23-20

Utah State W 49-10

Nevada W 38-7

(7) Oklahoma W 43-42

I think if they played Florida, LSU, USC or Ohio State that they would get absolutely murdered. I know, I know, everyone said that about Oklahoma too, but those teams were a notch about the Sooners this year.

I have always thought Iowa State would be a good fit for the big ten and get a western team into the BIG 12 whether its Utah, BYU, etc. The problem is with Boise or any other "mid major" is their other sports. Can they compete in sports like basketball, softball, etc?

With that map, Boise St appears it could even be a better Pac 10 fit then for the Big 12. However, I wonder how much name appeal is apart of it. I mean if this was Nevada running the table it just feels/sounds like an ideal fit for the PAC-10.

With that map, Boise St appears it could even be a better Pac 10 fit then for the Big 12. However, I wonder how much name appeal is apart of it. I mean if this was Nevada running the table it just feels/sounds like an ideal fit for the PAC-10.

I think Florida and USC look like the forerunners for 2007. Michigan has lost a lot of defensive talent, although there offense remains intact. However, I think with Wisconsin returning many of its players (Joe Thomas notwithstanding) could be the sleeper Big 10 title team, and perhaps title contender.

No mention of LSU? LSU will be one of the most talented teams in the nation yet again next year, and even though JaMarcus Russell left for the NFL, right behind him you have Matt Flynn, who was the MVP of the Peach Bowl last year, in which LSU destroyed Miami 40-3. And of course you can't forget about sophmore Ryan Perrilloux, who was the #1 ranked high school quarterback recruit in the nation in 2005, and the #2 ranked recruit overall. One defense, the Tigers will lose All-American Laron Landry, but DT Glen Dorsey turned down a nearly certain 1st round pick to come back to LSU for his senior season, and he will be a major force again next year.

No mention of LSU? LSU will be one of the most talented teams in the nation yet again next year, and even though JaMarcus Russell left for the NFL, right behind him you have Matt Flynn, who was the MVP of the Peach Bowl last year, in which LSU destroyed Miami 40-3. And of course you can't forget about sophmore Ryan Perrilloux, who was the #1 ranked high school quarterback recruit in the nation in 2005, and the #2 ranked recruit overall. One defense, the Tigers will lose All-American Laron Landry, but DT Glen Dorsey turned down a nearly certain 1st round pick to come back to LSU for his senior season, and he will be a major force again next year.

Archived