Football Predictions

BHCav

Yah, Michigan Stadium is the largest (capacity-wise) in the USA. Last weekend the attendance was 108,000 and change, and that was with some empty seats. My picks:

USC over Nebraska

ND over Michigan

Auburn over LSU

Tenn over Florida

Miami over Louisville

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice wins for the 7 victorious teams on 'Seperation Saturday,' but boy, being an ND fan, that game was tough to watch, Michigan really handed it to us.

Looks like there is some seperation beginning. OSU, USC, Florida and Auburn. I still don't see WVU as that good with their horrendous schedule.

Lastly, a shout out to my alma mater Western Michigan winning over UVA - whoohoo!

Nice wins for the 7 victorious teams on 'Seperation Saturday,' but boy, being an ND fan, that game was tough to watch, Michigan really handed it to us.

Looks like there is some seperation beginning. OSU, USC, Florida and Auburn. I still don't see WVU as that good with their horrendous schedule.

Lastly, a shout out to my alma mater Western Michigan winning over UVA - whoohoo!

I saw that too! I was surprised that WMU beat Virginia. I was really (pleasantly) surprised at Michigan's clobbering of ND. I figured the score would have been the opposite. I wouldn't want to be the Spartans next week though. :unsure:

Looks like there is some seperation beginning. OSU, USC, Florida and Auburn

There may have been some seperation last Saturday. But there is not much seperation with Auburn and LSU. The crew of officials embarrassed themselves with all the reversals/no-call's, etc. was absurd!!! :sick: Humans do sometimes make mistakes, but that many mistakes was unbelievable! True LSU had some opportunities and did not capitalize; not taking away anything from Auburn bec. they are a very strong team. :thumbsup: But... I would not call Auburn the "stronger team" seeing how they were outgained 311-181 in total yards. This is the second consecutive trip to Auburn that they got some good ole' fashion home-calls. Wonder what kind of $$signing bonus they recieved.

I am sorry, I don't like to blame or complain; but I've watched hundred's(maybe 1,000+) games and never witnessed this kind of "INCONSISTENCY".

>>>PROP's<< to the PAC-10 for having the "Guts" for SUSPENDING the officiating crew for one game after ruining the Oklahoma/Oregon game. The SEC could learn a few things from this. It's OK. to admit your wrong once-in-a-while. It's ashame the strongest football conference in the country have these sub-par officials.

You could not have been more right. The officiating crew will not allow Auburn to lose on their home-turf vs. LSU for some reason. They made extra sure of that ! I wish they could somehow re-match in a BCS Bowl game on neutral turf!

Yah got that right, I think they should've played it at Legion Field. Auburn is too worried about getting their second nat. championship. I was really wanting LSU to win. That's odd for me. ROLL RIDE!!!

I am suprised Arkansas is actually favored by 2 points. Then again they are the home team and might get some of that ole' fashion home cookin' Auburn got? If those same refs are at the game, I understand why they are 2 pt. favorites :lol: But if those refs are not there; then I believe Alabama will WIN a tight SEC battle!

torgo, those picks look good to me. :thumbsup:

Rice 0

FSU 2

That cracked me up, football's version of the 1-0 baseball game.

USC over Arizona -- Can't see this being even close. 49-7 USC.

ND over Mich State -- MSU won't be happy that ND got killed last week. 31-10 ND.

Michigan over Wisconsin -- Can Michigan survive a let down game? 24-21 UW.

Arizona St over Cal - ASU goes 4-0, 28-27.

Ohio St over Penn St - OSU doesn't get tested this year against PSU. 30-14 OSU.

Yea, Arkansas's going to be Bama's first possibly difficult game. It's a conference game, and it should put Bama at a good place in rankings if they win.

Being a big Hog fan, I of course am expecting us to win, but am worried nonetheless. It'll be a traditional Ark-Ala SEC West low-scoring slug-fest, but with much of our first and second team linebackers out (for most or all of the season), Alabama will probably find success on the ground. The key is if Arkansas can win the turnover battle and keep their defense off the field as much as possible (by running the ball a lot, even with the "new" offense and Mustain)

Being a big Hog fan, I of course am expecting us to win, but am worried nonetheless. It'll be a traditional Ark-Ala SEC West low-scoring slug-fest, but with much of our first and second team linebackers out (for most or all of the season), Alabama will probably find success on the ground. The key is if Arkansas can win the turnover battle and keep their defense off the field as much as possible (by running the ball a lot, even with the "new" offense and Mustain)

Honestly, Bama and Arkansas have looked like terrible teams so far. It's tough to find a team with more talent on offense than Arkansas but it just hasn't come together well enough yet. Arkansas's defense is atrocious but Bama hasn't looked good either. They set some kind of school record for missed tackles last week. It's a toss up as far as I'm concerned.

Honestly, Bama and Arkansas have looked like terrible teams so far. It's tough to find a team with more talent on offense than Arkansas but it just hasn't come together well enough yet. Arkansas's defense is atrocious but Bama hasn't looked good either. They set some kind of school record for missed tackles last week. It's a toss up as far as I'm concerned.

Yet, Bama still came out with a 41-7 win.

Yet, Bama still came out with a 41-7 win.

Over ULM. That game doesn't impress, nor does your game against Hawaii. Both of us looked equally crappy against Vandy. Neither team strikes me as very good thus far into the season. This game is for the 3 spot in the SEC-West, Auburn and LSU are clearly 1-2 and the Mississippi schools are clearly pulling up the rear.

Over ULM. That game doesn't impress, nor does your game against Hawaii. Both of us looked equally crappy against Vandy. Neither team strikes me as very good thus far into the season. This game is for the 3 spot in the SEC-West, Auburn and LSU are clearly 1-2 and the Mississippi schools are clearly pulling up the rear.

You know what's really odd. It's never clear what team Alabama can score good with. It's truely impossible to tell. For all we know, Bama might come out with a one point win over some 1-AA Team, then beat a big boy team like LSU or Tennessee by maybe 14. It's happened a lot. Bama just isn't consistent. I don't know what's going to happen today, but I pray it's good.

By the way, just the last time I checked, the standings for SEC West went 1) Auburn, 2) Alabama, 3) Arkansas, 4) LSU. I think LSU should be ahead of both Ark. and Bama. But I think they do the standings by wins/losses in conference, then by national ranking.

But, like I said, Bama is very inconsistent, which makes it very hard to make a prediction. So, you can't do anything but watch, and pray. Haha, either team could make it out with the win. But, I think that Bama has just a slightly higher chance of winning. Ever so slightly.

Mich St over ND

Wisconsin over Michigan

two upsets......BCS take that

MSU over ND?? I'd be shocked! ND is going to be pissed after their loss to Michigan last week. I expect them to trounce MSU by at least 20.

Looks like UM has handled UW quite nicely this afteroon, but its not over yet, but UM is up 17 late in the 4th QRT. However, your wish may come true to stick it to the BCS as Colorado is up 13-0 at Georgia in the 4th.

Plus, I agree with Torgo, MSU gets it handed to them today. Add last week's blowout to UM and last year's flag incident in South Bend and you have a recipe for a whoopin.

Archived