Busch Gardens Expansion

Tampa_Mayor

Sesame Street Coming To Park

Skip directly to the full story.

By RANDY DIAMOND The Tampa Tribune

Published: Aug 26, 2006

TAMPA - A Sesame Street children's attraction is expected to open in Busch Gardens in Tampa as part of a new licensing agreement between the theme park's owner, Anheuser-Busch, and Sesame Workshop.

The new development could include family rides, water elements, live character shows, 4-D film attractions or character dining programs, according to a statement issued Thursday by Busch Entertainment Corp., the theme park division for the St. Louis-based beer company.

Busch Entertainment plans to create the Sesame Street attraction at four of its nine U.S. parks, with the initial opening in 2008. The company did not say which of the four parks would get the first attraction.

Busch Entertainment did not disclose the terms of the agreement with Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit that owns the right to the children's television show and its characters.

The agreement calls for the development of Sesame Street attractions in Tampa's Busch Gardens and three other Busch parks: SeaWorld in San Diego and San Antonio and Busch Gardens Europe in Williamsburg, Va.

It is unclear why Busch Entertainment's most popular park, SeaWorld in Orlando, will not have a Sesame Street attraction. The company did say that Sesame Street characters will make periodic appearances there beginning in 2007.

The new agreement adds to an already established relationship. Busch Entertainment owns Sesame Place, a children's park that has been open since 1980 near Philadelphia.

One industry observer said the deal could result in increased attendance at Busch parks. Children love characters, given the long lines to greet Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse at Walt Disney World, said Abraham Pizam, the dean of the Rosen College of Hospitality at the University of Central Florida.

Reporter Randy Diamond can be reached at (813) 259-7853 or rdiammond@tampa

http://www.tbo.com/news/money/MGB8B7Z9BRE.html

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have not seen anything yet, but I am sure that it must exhist. Where could they put it? I know they are going to possibly redesign part of the park near the python roller coaster to a new african vilage....perhaps that is actually going to be the SS themed area though? Well, when they come out I would like to see them too.

Steve

Archived