Titans

nashvillwill

Sorry, I didn't feel like digging up old topics....

Well, I am a huge Titans fan who will support the team through thick and thin :wub: . I still rock my jersey every game day. However, I know that most fans are very frustrated right now. I suppose the point of this topic is to try and re-spark interest in the team among my fellow posters'.

How about a few topics.....

How was the performance this past game?

What do you expect out of this season?

Volek v. Young.

Drama (Pacman, etc.)

...and any other thoughts.

P.S.--- GO TITANS!!! :yahoo:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I didn't feel like digging up old topics....

Well, I am a huge Titans fan who will support the team through thick and thin :wub: . I still rock my jersey every game day. However, I know that most fans are very frustrated right now. I suppose the point of this topic is to try and re-spark interest in the team among my fellow posters'.

How about a few topics.....

How was the performance this past game?

What do you expect out of this season?

Volek v. Young.

Drama (Pacman, etc.)

...and any other thoughts.

P.S.--- GO TITANS!!! :yahoo:

As a born and raised Nashvillian, I feel a need to support the Titans. But since we can't even beat a sucky team, and we recruited our players straight from the prison exercise yard, I might have to find another team to watch until JF and the boys get their act together.

I grew up in Atlanta and would cheer for either the Falcons or Titans. But I was embarrased to be in Atlanta the other night watching the game thinking 'these are the titans?'

Volex has shown no ability to lead the team. He's looking more and more like a career second stringer.

Vince Young is just that: YOUNG. He makes way too many poor decisions as far as when to run and where to throw. I believe these are rookie mistakes and he'll grow out of them. As a UT fan, I will still say Cutler would have been the better pick.

The Titans have turned into a bunch of thugs, and there is no leadership on that team. Without that, they will never come out of the cellar.

I know that no one in the mainstream media expects anything of the titans this year, but that shouldn't be the case. With all their free agent's and draft picks entering 2nd, 3rd, 4th years, We should be able to win 9-10 games. I just don't see the leadership.

And BTW, why is LP field covered with a bunch of stuff about the 1999 AFC championship? That was 7 YEARS AGO! And it's not like we're headed back soon. That banner on the outside of the stadium with Bud Adams holding up the AFC trophy might have been great in 2000, but by putting that junk up brand new this year, we're basically saying the Titans have donenothing since 1999, and I don't think that's true.

I wouldn't have a problem if these banners had been there, but to put them up new this year makes no sense.

I grew up in Atlanta and would cheer for either the Falcons or Titans. But I was embarrased to be in Atlanta the other night watching the game thinking 'these are the titans?' ... I wouldn't have a problem if these banners had been there, but to put them up new this year makes no sense.

Here is a Nashville City paper editorial that bascially mirrors your opinions. Probably one of the best editorials I have seen lately.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...p;news_id=51792

I don't know what to think of the agreement in principle between Kerry Collins and the Titans today. I never have thought much of Volek, so I guess I'll rate it as a good thing.

Jeff Fisher told a friend of mine that they actually rated Cutler higher in the interview sessions, but that they couldn't use a #3 pick on him. They also looked to trade the pick, but nothing panned out.

Very interesting tidbit of info. By the way, welcome to the forum!

Always great to have an insider on the board. I know a guy works with rivals.com, and even HE didn't have any of this inside info.

The titans are going to stink this year; Kerry Collins may bring experience, but I don't see leadership qualities from him.

He's good, and was great in Carolina and New York, but IMO he's a tad washed up nowadays. He still could beat out Volek for the job is Volek plays like he did on Saturday for the rest of the season

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha yes, very exciting.

Overpaid crybabies just like most of the NFL, pro sports, and Hollywood in general. I could care less now if they stay in Nashville or leave. Maybe they could closed the stadium in, put on a roof and that could be the new convention center!

I think it is clear now that Vince Young is definitely the right fit for the Titans. I think he shows A LOT of promise. I love the fact that he is so mobile and can make a play even when there doesn't seem to be one a la Steve McNair and Michael Vick. That is one of the things I hated about Kerry Collins. The guy NEVER MOVED! You'd think he was cemented to the ground or something! I cannot stand quarterbacks that refuse to run at any cost and would rather just throw the ball out of bounds.

The turf does look pretty bad and the footing looks terrible. Travis Henry first carry I think was for a 2 yard loss because he slipped. And the Texans punt returner slipped and lost the ball because of the footing. Maybe the Titans can get used to so they can really have the homefield advantage. :). Kinda like Heinz Field with the wind conditions.

I like the Titans. I was drawn to them because of McNair but now I am drawn to Vince and the very hard working Titans. THey are very scrappy on defense. They look horrible on paper but look very good when watching them. They cause a pretty good number of turnovers..They will be good if the FO can keep the base together,

I think the agreement to allow TSU to play at LP was a mistake. They have a stadium on campus that seems like a better place to play college football anyway. They barely get 5-10,000 ino LP for a game. What's the reasoning?

Makes no sense to me. Anyone know when that contract will expire?

I think the agreement to allow TSU to play at LP was a mistake. They have a stadium on campus that seems like a better place to play college football anyway. They barely get 5-10,000 ino LP for a game. What's the reasoning?

Makes no sense to me. Anyone know when that contract will expire?

Bad kicking and terrible refs! I sure Bironas will face some consequences and alot more practice. As for the way the game was called by the refs.....i think they should all be fired. It's ridiculous that a blatant fumble was not charged because they can't figure out who recovered. That rule is absurd! It's an embarasment for the sport, an insult to the fans, and gives the refs zero credibility! If these ref's cannot call a game fairly and correctly they need to find another profession.

Bad kicking and terrible refs! I sure Bironas will face some consequences and alot more practice. As for the way the game was called by the refs.....i think they should all be fired. It's ridiculous that a blatant fumble was not charged because they can't figure out who recovered. That rule is absurd! It's an embarasment for the sport, an insult to the fans, and gives the refs zero credibility! If these ref's cannot call a game fairly and correctly they need to find another profession.

Archived