Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest donaltopablo

Bank of America - Atlanta

14 posts in this topic

Wow great pics!!!

I love Bank of America. It's so powerful. Definatley one of my favs!

The background is actually pretty neat, the dark clouds...mmmm!

Wow great shots LSyd! That first one is really good. I get to go to Atlanta today, I'll see what kind of shots I can get.

Those are some awsome photos of the building that is KING of cheating! :P  I still love it!

thanks Westin...

naw, BOA's only the prince of cheating...Petronas are the King and Queen of cheating...

-

I like the shot where you can see through the spire. Is there anything up there or is an open metal structure?

I like the shot where you can see through the spire. Is there anything up there or is an open metal structure?

Open metal struture. Might be some A/C units or elevator units hidden under there, but otherwise just an open metal struture.

It does get lit up at night though, and is very impressive.

That's a great night shot. It makes DT Atlanta look quite dense.

DT Atlanta is actually very dense. Other than a few (and most already being developed) surface parking lots near the olympic park (which was once considered the edge of DT anyway), there is very little open land in DT Atlanta. However, it's office building dense, not residential with limited ground floor retail (the two problems with DT).

B of A sits just north of the Midtown/Downtown line and is technically in midtown. Midtown has more open space, although thankfully it is developing over quickly. There is almost no surface parking along PT street (a few lots), where 10 years ago there were several. Development around B of A is still limited since it's in that inbetween area, not in the heart of midtown, not in DT so some photos it will look very isolated.

I have seen the roof of Bank of America Plaza and it has HVAC and broadcast stuff up there. It's no different than other buildings with decorative tops. This one is open and others are enclosed. The framework up there is a work of geometric art you need to see up close.

To WestinPeachtree, I saw a beautiful picture of Atlanta Bellsouth with many dim lights at the top of building during the '96 Olympics that you have. How can I find that picture to see enlarge myself or can you show it to me, please. That's beautiful picture!

:w00t:

The Bank of America building is one of my personal favorites in Atlanta and I think that it really takes the Atlanta skyline to the next level. Awesome pictures!