URBAN SALT LAKE CITY PART I

Sean Reynolds

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in SLC some years ago and it seemed nice but very sparsely built up for a city. Looks like it's getting some nice infill now. The mountains are the real attraction for me. Does SLC have many days with snow on the ground? I thought it is like denver where everthing melts pretty quick.

Thumper, NO clue why we got so many shopping carts. Roll around the city and you'll see 'em every where. Mostly they're located in the inner city, where a lot of the people don't have cars. So they tend to walk home with the carts, and just leave 'em on the sidewalk. I guess this is good and bad. It's good because it shows people AREN'T dependent on cars. BUT it really makes the city look trashy.

tocoto, as of the past few years we haven't had much snow. Utah has been in a 5 year drought (goin' on year 6 I believe). The snow seen in these pics were from a major snow storm that hit SLC around Christmas time. It was the largest snow storm since the early 90s. Dumped around 4 feet of snow on the city over a 3 day period.

It's all melted now. Outside it's 70ish and VERY nice. Though smoggy as hell.

• 2 months later...

Archived