Mad about Highfill

KJW

What's interesting is that Kruse International is building a facility there as well...had any of you heard about this? I don't know how many such locations they've got nationwide but they appear to be quite a presence:

The Orchards of Highfill will essentially transform Highfill into a bustling town, potentially increasing its population from less than 500 people to more than 15, 000 by 2020.

Most of the space in the development will be residential and commercial, with industrial space concentrated on the development

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meant to add that...with this Kruse International commitment, we have one MORE entity moving into central Benton County, seemingly away from what are the current urban centers of the county.

Now, I know auto auctions sometimes tend to be on the periphery of towns, but oftimes they're also built to be in a "center of the action" type of location.

The new fairgrounds, the new ECHL/WNBA (?, but let's just pretend it happens), XNA, now this Highfill/15,000 people development (again, if it indeed happens, a question we ask frequently here nowadays)...I guess we're looking at, some day, an Avoca, AR-to-West Siloam Springs, OK corridor of people and business.

Meant to add that...with this Kruse International commitment, we have one MORE entity moving into central Benton County, seemingly away from what are the current urban centers of the county.

Now, I know auto auctions sometimes tend to be on the periphery of towns, but oftimes they're also built to be in a "center of the action" type of location.

The new fairgrounds, the new ECHL/WNBA (?, but let's just pretend it happens), XNA, now this Highfill/15,000 people development (again, if it indeed happens, a question we ask frequently here nowadays)...I guess we're looking at, some day, an Avoca, AR-to-West Siloam Springs, OK corridor of people and business.

Well the new airport really did need to be located somewhere a bit away from the main part of the metro so they'd have enough room and also a little extra for future growth. But I think a lot of people expected the XNA was going to draw a lot of developments towards it. I'm wondering if we'll have parallel east-west growth growth from West Siloam to Avoca and also from West Siloam to say Sonora east of Springdale. Hwy 412 remains the main east-west highway in the area. But then again it also has parts of the Ozark Natl Forest between Siloam Springs and Tontitown. I think the other major NWA cities need to look more into redeveloping 'dead' areas or underperforming areas of their cities and also creating some density to give the cities more areas to grow. Fayetteville already has addressed this in it's City Plan 2025, whether it will follow it or not we'll just have to see. Sure many of the major NWA cities still have room to grow on it's edges but eventually growth will start heading to the other smaller towns along the edges of the core of the metro.

What's interesting is that Kruse International is building a facility there as well...had any of you heard about this? I don't know how many such locations they've got nationwide but they appear to be quite a presence:

This is fantastic! Kruse is a great company and I have many old cars. I have been to their auctions around the country! Wow!

M

Well the new airport really did need to be located somewhere a bit away from the main part of the metro so they'd have enough room and also a little extra for future growth. But I think a lot of people expected the XNA was going to draw a lot of developments towards it. I'm wondering if we'll have parallel east-west growth growth from West Siloam to Avoca and also from West Siloam to say Sonora east of Springdale. Hwy 412 remains the main east-west highway in the area. But then again it also has parts of the Ozark Natl Forest between Siloam Springs and Tontitown. I think the other major NWA cities need to look more into redeveloping 'dead' areas or underperforming areas of their cities and also creating some density to give the cities more areas to grow. Fayetteville already has addressed this in it's City Plan 2025, whether it will follow it or not we'll just have to see. Sure many of the major NWA cities still have room to grow on it's edges but eventually growth will start heading to the other smaller towns along the edges of the core of the metro.

I expected a lot of industrial growth out that way (and a plethora of business hotels) but I am a bit surprised at residential plans. With so much vacant land in NWA I would think that living around the airport would be the last place most people would choose.

I expected a lot of industrial growth out that way (and a plethora of business hotels) but I am a bit surprised at residential plans. With so much vacant land in NWA I would think that living around the airport would be the last place most people would choose.

Ditto.

It also can't be good for 5,000+ additional homes in the area, considering we already have enough homes for 8 years here in NWA. This also adds to the every growing problem of sprawl.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Nice four-page article here amidst all the "mortgage slowdown" stories, Andrew!

Highfill may end up being one of NWA's most centrally convenient cities if the transportation infrastructure is built correctly in the future. (And indeed, it's nicely placed on what appears to be a developing Bentonville-to-Siloam Springs corridor.)

Archived