Another Fortune 500 company is relocating to Memphis

Bears

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully they'll build downtown or at least stay where they are. I can see new investors willing to spend $120 million on a bland new suburban office park when they have perfectly good digs now that can be expanded for only $10 million. If I were going to spend $120 million, it would be on a tower that would build on the prestige of the company. They are in talks to buy the Concord EFS building that Harrah's already purchased?? :dontknow: Am I missing something?

• 3 months later...

Today's MBJ reports that the acquisition of ServiceMaster by a private equity firm has been completed and shareholders received over $15,000 per share of stock. Wish I'd owned SM stock!!!

The article also says that they expect to create 335 new jobs in Memphis over the next 5 years with median salaries of $67,300.

Any more word on where their HQ's will be - Goodlett Farms or Forest Hill?

Archived