Super Detroit Project Thread!

turlough

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm sorry if i pissed anyone off. but sooo sue me

hey someone went to a lot of hard work putting together the original thread. Perhaps maybe if you contacted detroitman, he wouldn't mind, but i can't speak for him....

I know a lot of us come close to plagarism in these threads, but when say posting an article from the Freep or something, its obvious in the byline, and contact info at the bottom. Sometimes online photos can be a bit hard to attribute, buts it so glaringly obvious who deserves credit for the thread.

I've seen my photography used quite a few times, and i don't ever mind as long as its attributed and its not-for-profit

thanks for your prompt attention allan

i'm sorry if i pissed anyone off. but sooo sue me

Please watch your attitude. This forum has been a great place to discuss issues, but it becomes much less enjoyable when people have poor attitudes.

It's one thing to post a news article or something w/o credit since there is the byline and usually an email address at the bottom. I understand that it can be difficult to find the names of the people who took pics, but if you do know who took them, you should give their name. If not, it is ok to provide links to the sites. But in this instance you took an ENTIRE THREAD. It's not like this was just a news article or two. This was a massive undertaking. DetroitMan should definately receive credit for his work. I'm sure it took him many hours of research and searching to get renderings of the projects. I am greatful that he puts these together, because they are a lot of work. I've made one or two smaller updates in the past, and even those were quite a bit of work.

Just keep this in mind for the future. It's ok to post others' works if you contact them to receive their permission first. With the advent of the internet, plagiarism has become increasingly difficult to combat, because everything is so easily accessible to anyone anywhere. I have had several of my images stolen in the past, and I did not at all appreciate it. I know others feel the same way.

thanks for your prompt attention allan

You're Welcome.

Archived