$200 Million Venture Michigan Fund

GRDadof3

A new, state-backed fund designed as a catalyst to attract more venture capital for growing young technology companies in Michigan has raised $200 million and is ready to start investing, Gov. Jennifer Granholm is to announce today.

The Venture Michigan Fund I, to be managed by Credit Suisse's Customized Fund Investment Group, won't invest directly in companies. Rather, it will invest in other venture capital funds that have a presence in Michigan and that target investments in Michigan-based start-up companies engaged in research, technology, and new product development.

Venture Michigan Fund to help technology companies

State venture capital to be put to work

Venture Michigan Fund Main Site

I love election years!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new, state-backed fund designed as a catalyst to attract more venture capital for growing young technology companies in Michigan has raised $200 million and is ready to start investing, Gov. Jennifer Granholm is to announce today.

The Venture Michigan Fund I, to be managed by Credit Suisse's Customized Fund Investment Group, won't invest directly in companies. Rather, it will invest in other venture capital funds that have a presence in Michigan and that target investments in Michigan-based start-up companies engaged in research, technology, and new product development.

Venture Michigan Fund to help technology companies

State venture capital to be put to work

Venture Michigan Fund Main Site

I love election years!

:lol: But this is something that will have both immediate, and long-term impact on the economy, for the better. :yahoo:

Archived