Memphis Mags

northernbizzkit1

Memphis Development Publications  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which periodical/website is on top of Memphis development news?

• Memphis Business Journal
    • Memphis Daily News
    • The Commercial Appeal
    • Downtownmemphis.com
    • Memphis Magazine
    • Other

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which of these do you guys think has the most up to date information on the Memphis development scene?

I hope this works...I'm not poll savy.

most of the time i found out through memphis buis. jrnl. or this site abotu development.

downtownmemphis, is typically my source for photos. but its never updated enough.

Here's my critique of Memphis media...

Memphis Business Journal-Occassionly a nice article or two. Too much stock and new expansion talk though.

Memphis Daily News-Usually has intresting articles but too small. I wish they had more articles in their paper daily.

The Commercial Appeal-Best newspaper in town but still too few stories.

Downtownmemphis.com-Not updated enough. Their news is just pdf's of stories from recent newspaper articles

Memphis Magazine-Who? lol

Other

Smart City Memphis- Too negative but a good read none the less.

Memphis Flyer- Use to be better but now talks less about development and more about entertainment. They do have a good article every once in a while.

Delta Buisness Journal- Always has atleast one good article but it's only published once a month

TV news

WMCTV is the best source about developments on TV. I just love Joe Birch's enthusiasm about new projects.

WREG is a close second.

WPTY- Not too many happy stories on there.

WHBQ- Not a source of news on developments.

Overall, I would say the best writers in the Memphis area are Andy Meek and Amos Maki. I wish they would follow up on stalled developments along with new ones.

• 5 months later...

There is also a new publication on the market called Memphis Business Quarterly from the people who bring us Memphis Magazine. I read their winter 2006 edition recently and was pretty impressed. It's good for long-form, in-depth articles and trends. Good read if you come across one.

Archived