Compare and Contrast the Character and Culture of Grand Rapids Neighborhoods.

New York City has China Town, Little Italy, and more, while Detroit has Greek Town, and Chicago has Wrigleyville. However these are just a small sample of the different and definable neighborhoods that these cities are comprised of.

According to the Neighborhood Association Map, Grand Rapids has 32 Neighborhood Associations that account for most, but not all of the City. Each neighborhood has its own unique characteristic and feel. People may feel completely comfortable in one, and not comfortable in another.

How would you describe the characteristic for culture of your neighborhood? (based on the City Neighborhood Association Map) What about other neighborhoods that you frequent? How are these places different? Are their some neighborhood cultures and characteristics that are more noticeable than others? What makes each one different?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New York City has China Town, Little Italy, and more, while Detroit has Greek Town, and Chicago has Wrigleyville. However these are just a small sample of the different and definable neighborhoods that these cities are comprised of.

According to the Neighborhood Association Map, Grand Rapids has 32 Neighborhood Associations that account for most, but not all of the City. Each neighborhood has its own unique characteristic and feel. People may feel completely comfortable in one, and not comfortable in another.

How would you describe the characteristic for culture of your neighborhood? (based on the City Neighborhood Association Map) What about other neighborhoods that you frequent? How are these places different? Are their some neighborhood cultures and characteristics that are more noticeable than others? What makes each one different?

Extremely boring country culture is where I live . . .

Extremely boring country culture is where I live . . .

Not all country culture is boring. There is a lot to be said for agricultural and natural space. While it may not be everyone's cup of tea it is still important. My dad grew up in a traditional small farm town(but it is the county seat!) and knows a little about its culture and lifestyle and I found it pretty interesting. Of course thats just me.

Not all country culture is boring. There is a lot to be said for agricultural and natural space. While it may not be everyone's cup of tea it is still important. My dad grew up in a traditional small farm town(but it is the county seat!) and knows a little about its culture and lifestyle and I found it pretty interesting. Of course thats just me.

sorry . . i was just kidding around . . . .I love the country and how quiet and peaceful it is . . .

Archived