Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turlough

Car Hits Ambulance Carrying METRORail Victim

ALL HOUSTON RESIDENTCES STAY WAY FROM THE TRAIN TRACKS

5:27 p.m. CST March 17, 2004 - An ambulance transporting a pedestrian struck by a METRORail train near Reliant Park is involved in an accident as it transported the victim to a hospital Wednesday afternoon, News2Houston reported.

News2Houston reported a man was struck by the light-rail train around 4:05 p.m. in the 8200 block of Fannin near Holly Hall.

A crew with the Houston Fire Department treated the victim at the scene. The victim reportedly suffered a broken hand and some cuts. He was transported to a nearby hospital.

However, as the ambulance was en route to hospital, a woman driver collided with the emergency vehicle around 4:25 p.m. only a few blocks away.

Officials said the 50- to 60-year-old train accident victim did not receive any new injuries from this accident.

A new ambulance showed up at the scene and transported the mother and her three children as a precaution.

A witness told officials that the woman who collided with the ambulance was trying to run a red light.

METRO officials told News2Houston the pedestrian struck by the light-rail train reportedly stepped in front of the train illegally.

This is the 26th accident involving a METRORail train since the system began operating in November. This is the first accident involving a pedestrian, according to METRO officials.

Oh my maude! I saw video of this guy getting hit on the news. They said, he said his hearing aid wasn't working. So you wander aimlessly across active trolley tracks?!?!? :blink:

Pictures I've seen of the trains show them in their own centre median.