A little bit of a stretch...

megad

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! Your pretty rough on Mississauga. May I be so bold as to ask if you've actually been there? I have family there and have visited there for about the past 15 years. Toronto wanted to incorporate Mississauga BAD!!!!! There are many corporate businesses located there. I wouldn't be surprise if the population hasen't topped 325,000.

I was there just within the past two years. My best friend's parents live just outside there and we stopped by to say hello while on a trip to Niagara Falls. Mississauga struck me as comfortably as Plano and Pasadena, TX. Absolute suburban dreck. It's complete devoid of character. Even Warwick is better. At least Warwick has some village centers for goodness sake.

I do gotta say though, I wish Route 10 looked more like this:

http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=363251

It could have more of a parkway feel with a bikpath following it. Of course it would still need barriers to keep kiddies out of the road that this road doesn't have.

that'd be nice... but it'd require cleaning up some really nasty areas

another problem is that it just doesn't rain enough in the summer, or stay cool enough for all that grass to stay green here. The heat from the pavement would just cook the landscape and it would look shabby pretty quickly. I think the state has tried with wildflower mix, but the weeds just take over, unfortunately, because they're tougher than the flowers. In Portland, though, the medians and roadsides are full of poppies and corn flowers and other wildflowers because of the climate...

the part of rt 10 where it ends near roger williams park is very nice... the middle of it is lined with bushes and trees and its quite peaceful :)

from that point on to providence it just gets nastier and nastier, especially near K gibbs

i think that's the cranston end. I'm not sure, since it is a state highway, that the cranston end of Rt 10 is so much nicer than the Providence stretch, but it clearly is...

i think that's the cranston end. I'm not sure, since it is a state highway, that the cranston end of Rt 10 is so much nicer than the Providence stretch, but it clearly is...

Part of it could be all of the work they had been doing to Rt. 10 at the time they were making those improvements. I'm not sure they are even done now, since leaving Jersey barriers up has become the new thing in highway construction over the last 10 years or so. I never know anymore if they are still doing work to a road.

Part of it could be all of the work they had been doing to Rt. 10 at the time they were making those improvements. I'm not sure they are even done now, since leaving Jersey barriers up has become the new thing in highway construction over the last 10 years or so. I never know anymore if they are still doing work to a road.

the bit between reservoir ave and cranston st isn't bad... but after that, it's terrible and needs a serious re-paving. they need to replace the sign for olneyville square.

Archived