840 Construction

edb2n

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are doing some construction on 840 about 2 miles past I-24 (towards Franklin). Does anyone know what they're doing? It looks like they might be building an exit or something, but it's hard to tell.

Yes, they are constructing an exit for Murfreesboro's new by-pass. The exit is Beasley Road which will become a five line route around the southwest portion of the city. Whe completed, it will connect to Joe B. Jackson Parkway, cross Manchester Highway and eventually end at Woodbury Highway.

Edited by Justiceham

I've always wondered this.....Is it going to be an interstate when done, or is it State Route 840? What would needed to be done for it to be an interstate? Why isn't Briley Pkwy an interstate? Why doesn't the loop around DT Nashville have a ### name like....265 or 140 or something? I don't think I have any more questions...about Nashville at least.

I've always wondered this.....Is it going to be an interstate when done, or is it State Route 840? What would needed to be done for it to be an interstate? Why isn't Briley Pkwy an interstate? Why doesn't the loop around DT Nashville have a ### name like....265 or 140 or something? I don't think I have any more questions...about Nashville at least.

I had hoped the next leg would have been extended to I-40 already so it would be easier to go to Memphis, but, due to whatever excuse the state wants to use, it's not.

Edited by Justiceham

I-440 is an interstate and it only travels 7 miles!

840 probably won't be an interstate because it was built with state funds only (no federal funds)

Are you and your descendents planning on reproducing only once every 250 years ?

If you ask my wife, I'll be lucky to ever reproduce!

But if Abraham could reproduce into his second century, well...

I believe when an interstate has 3 numbers and the first number is even, it means it's a loop or bypass. Like 440 and the old 265 in Nashville or 285 in Atlanta. When the first number is odd, it's a spur off of an interstate and it doesn't connect with another interstate. Like 565 that connects 65 to Huntsville, AL.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe when an interstate has 3 numbers and the first number is even, it means it's a loop or bypass. Like 440 and the old 265 in Nashville or 285 in Atlanta. When the first number is odd, it's a spur off of an interstate and it doesn't connect with another interstate. Like 565 that connects 65 to Huntsville, AL.

Correct

• 3 months later...

I had hoped the next leg would have been extended to I-40 already so it would be easier to go to Memphis, but, due to whatever excuse the state wants to use, it's not.

When the human race ends, Whatever then next generation of life is on earth. They will find remains of 840 as an incomplete circle. The part I would love to see is from Lebanon, thru Gallatin, and onto 65 North. But maybe that'll be 4008. Then the north west side of the ring 40 west to 65 North will be completed by 5008.

Edited by stereoboy76

Yall might as well get the north side of I-40 part of 840 outta your mind. It was once considered, but is dead, and wont be considered for at least another 10-20 years. Once this big round of interstate and 840 construction is done, the state will only do smaller projects, not big projects. 840 has had several problems near Thompson's Station exit to Dickson due to people whining and complaing it ruins the landscape and creek water and other bs that they wanna beotch about, please people. It WILL BE DONE by no later that 2010, god willing :wacko:

i remember that, that was so stupid, wtf was the point of it? :wacko:

It removed I-65 through-traffic off the more congested eastern part of the downtown inner loop and directed it through the less traveled western side. It also eliminated some traffic in the dangerous and deadly weaving section where the Second and Fourth Avenue interchanges are.

And yes there is still congestion and difficult weaving on the west route, but not nearly as severe as what was on the east side.

It was a move that should have been done years ago.