Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdkacz

$6 Train Rides to Detroit

6 posts in this topic

actually a pretty decent article... Ann Arbor is really starting to push for this. They (ann arbor) are even looking at a commuter rail line between Whitmore Lake and AA to alleviate congestion on US23.

The reason I think AA is really supporting this is because, like Detroit, this could spur a transit system for AA.

Nice, although it already costs only $6 to take the Wolverine commuter train between Detroit and AA. So basically what is to come is only make it more convenient by adding Metro Airport into the system and having more frequent trains instead of every 4 hours.

i hope they dont decide to do a bus system, i dont think that solves the proplem at all.

Looks like they just discovered the interim report on the aa-detroit rt site, but good to see it getting more coverage in the a2 area.

So how does one get the $6 deal on Amtrak? When I went from Dearborn to A2 it was like $9 and I could never find it much cheaper. So I think that $6 would be cheaper, plus it'd be much more frequent, get you to the airport and Ypsi and possibly to downtown Detroit via another train.