Renaissance Raleigh Hotel @ North Hills

bikwillie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, this baby is underway. Walked by there the other night and they have a lot of site work under way. I wonder if they are going to add any parking with this. Parking is already a little tight, and then add 200 guests and the hotel employees... Anyone know? I thought that it might make sense to continue the parking deck for the first two levels, but I have no idea what the official plans are.

Yeah, this baby is underway. Walked by there the other night and they have a lot of site work under way. I wonder if they are going to add any parking with this. Parking is already a little tight, and then add 200 guests and the hotel employees... Anyone know? I thought that it might make sense to continue the parking deck for the first two levels, but I have no idea what the official plans are.

I thought that the hotel would "start" on the Gold's Gym/Mura level. The parking deck would be extended to the Target access road, flush with the old "JC Pennys" deck to fill in the existing gap/hole shown in the picture. That would create two levels of parking, three if the hotel's footprint is not the same as the existing pit.

I think that was the plan all along, but they didn't want to build that portion of the deck until they knew how big of a hotel it needed to support.

• 4 months later...

Here is a link to that story, and the important paragraph:

One of those is a 17-story, 227-room Raleigh Renaissance Hotel going up now at North Hills, the upscale development in North Raleigh. The others will be outside the state, said Kevin McAteer, Concord's vice president of sales and marketing.

Archived